RMGROUP mail
September 1997

Subject: RE: connections

>          Your turn. Can you do Sandy Duncan???
Weren't RM and Sandy together in Cat from Outer Space?

--Mel
rcsantos@pusit.admu.edu.ph

Subject: RE: Connect game

PAUL challenged:
>Come on Mel, gimme a tuff one!!
RM to Toshiro Mifune? Lemme think some more.

>Can you do Scooby Doo to RM?
Eng???? I'll have to check the voice credits for this one.

BTW, further Star Trek connections can be made through Mark Lenard (Urko in the Apes TV series and Sarek in Star Trek), Stephen Collins (Tales of the Gold Monkey/The Rhinemann Exchange and Star Trek the Motion Picture) and Rene Auberjonois (The Rhinemann Exchange and Deep Space Nine).

--Mel
rcsantos@pusit.admu.edu.ph

Subject: RE: baby names

>> Finally, can anyone suggest any good baby names? My husband isn't about to
>> go in for Roderick.
> My wife and I were talking about Nicholas. (Named after the lead
>character in the Forever Knight series.) How's that? I don't mind
>sharing the name. :)

We're thinking of Quentin (to me, at least, in honor of the Dark Shadows character).

Matthew G. Mitchell
cloister@earthlink.net

Subject: Six Degrees of Roddy McDowall

Vincent Price was once a guest voice on Scooby Doo. If anyone can connect RM to Vincent Price, they can connect RM to Scooby Doo.

> >          Your turn. Can you do Sandy Duncan???
> Weren't RM and Sandy together in Cat from Outer Space?
>
> --Mel

Sandy Duncan was also a "Guest Star" as herself, on The Scooby Doo Mysteries. There's you Scooby Doo link!>

Kathy RW
St. Paul, MN

The Musgrave Foundation wrote:

> PAUL challenged:
> >Come on Mel, gimme a tuff one!!
> RM to Toshiro Mifune? Lemme think some more.

1. Toshiro Mifune to Robert Mitchum in Midway
2. Robert Mitchum to RM in Five Card Stud

or

1. Toshiro Mifune to Robert Wagner in Midway
2. Robert Wagner to RM in the Hart to Hart pilot film

JC

> > My wife and I were talking about Nicholas. (Named after the lead
> >character in the Forever Knight series.) How's that? I don't mind
> >sharing the name. :)
>
> We're thinking of Quentin (to me, at least, in honor of the Dark Shadows
> character)

Well, we're thinking almost alike... names from two vampire shows. Quentin is really an uncommon name, isn't it?

-Paul Worley
crah@infonline.net
www.infonline.com/crah/welcome/htm

>Well, we're thinking almost alike... names from two vampire shows.
>Quentin is really an uncommon name, isn't it?

Technically, Quentin is from Dark Shadows, although Quentin was not a vampire. He was a ghost, then a werewolf, then an immortal (thanks to a mystical painting a la Dorian Grey).

But Quentin works from two other standpoints as well. It's Mari Beth's maiden name, and it means "fifth child." He would be the fifth grandchild in our family.

Matthew G. Mitchell
cloister@earthlink.net

>Come on Mel, gimme a tuff one!!
Okay, how about RM to Mikhail Gorbachev?
And RM to Hans Gudegast?
Tuff ones, I hope.

--Mel
rcsantos@pusit.admu.edu.ph

>Okay, how about RM to Mikhail Gorbachev?
>And RM to Hans Gudegast?
>Tuff ones, I hope.

I would hardly call those fair. The original game "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" stipulated that the subjects would be movie actors. I doubt Gorbachev himself was in a movie, and I don't even recognize the second name.

However, an actor playing Gorbachev was in the opening teaser of Naked Gun, which starred Leslie Nielson, who was the captain in The Poseidon Adventure...

Does that count?

Matthew G. Mitchell
cloister@earthlink.net

> Okay, how about RM to Mikhail Gorbachev?
          Ok, this is a tuff one. Hmmmm.
          MG to Peter Falk in Faraway, So Close.
          Peter to Norman Fell In It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
          Norman to RM in Rabbit Test.
          --Gee, I guess this wasn't as hard as I first thought.

> And RM to Hans Gudegast?
          Being the Ape buff I am, I know you're just toying with me here...
          Hans is an alias for Eric Braeden. He played Dr Otto Hasslein in Escape.

-Paul Worley
crah@infonline.net
www.infonline.com/crah/welcome/htm

> >Well, we're thinking almost alike... names from two vampire shows.

> Technically, Quentin is from Dark Shadows, although Quentin was not a
> vampire. He was a ghost, then a werewolf, then an immortal (thanks to a
> mystical painting a la Dorian Grey).

          I didn't say Quentin was a Vampire, just from a vampire show.

-Paul Worley
crah@infonline.net
www.infonline.com/crah/welcome/htm

> I would hardly call those fair. The original game "Six Degrees of Kevin
> Bacon" stipulated that the subjects would be movie actors. I doubt
> Gorbachev himself was in a movie, and I don't even recognize the second
> name.

          Actually, while Mikhail never really acted, he did appear in two films. One was made in Germany in 1993 called Faraway, So Close. The other was a b/w German film made in 1992 and called Kinder, Kader, Kommanduere.

-Paul Worley
crah@infonline.net
www.infonline.com/crah/welcome/htm

can anyone connect our RM to the MONKEES?

--Tami

>can anyone connect our RM to the MONKEES?

The Monkees made "Head" which also starred Jack Nicholson;
Jack Nicholson made Goin' South with Mary Steenburgen;
Mary Steenburgen made Dead of Winter with RM...

OK, try...

Kevin Bacon!

Matthew G. Mitchell
cloister@earthlink.net

> can anyone connect our RM to the MONKEES?

          Too easy, Tami! The monkees had guest apear in alomst every episode. In two different shows, Booth Coleman and Severin Darden were guests, and we all know that Booth was Dr Zaius in the POTA series, and Severin was a mutant in Battle POTA.
          Ya know, I'm still waiting for someone to come up with my test... RM to Scooby Doo. Can you?

-Paul Worley
crah@infonline.net
www.infonline.com/crah/welcome/htm

> Actually, while Mikhail never really acted, he did appear in two
>films. One was made in Germany in 1993 called Faraway, So Close. The
>other was a b/w German film made in 1992 and called Kinder, Kader,
>Kommanduere.

I stand corrected.

Matthew G. Mitchell
cloister@earthlink.net

Subject: Bad news

>From: "Patricia Annino" <gmonkey@goldmonkey.com>
>To: S Mierop <rm_fan@ameritech.net>
>Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 05:19:36 +0000
>Subject: Bad news
>
>I just received this message from Stephen Collins:
>Sad to say, Roddy called today to say he can't be at the reunion.
>He's sorry but a work thing that just came up for him conflicts with
>your date. But Jeff MacKay and I will be there.
>
>Sorry to be the messenger...
>
>SC
>
>Thanks,
>Patricia

Subject: Birthday Greetings!

(dated 9-10-97)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SALLY!!!!

-Paul Worley
crah@infonline.net
www.infonline.com/crah/welcome/htm

Subject: oops

How could I?!?!?
Yesterday passed with me forgetting to send Roddy a mental birthday greeting!?!?! Oh, Woe is me!

Did everyone else remember??

-Paul Worley
crah@infonline.net
www.infonline.com/crah/welcome/htm

>> Okay, how about RM to Mikhail Gorbachev?
>          MG to Peter Falk in Faraway, So Close.
>          Peter to Norman Fell In It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
>          Norman to RM in Rabbit Test.

Another way is: MG to Willem Dafoe in 'Faraway, So Close'; Dafoe to Gene Hackman in 'Mississippi Burning'; then Hackman to RM in 'Poseidon Adventure'

>> And RM to Hans Gudegast?
>          Being the Ape buff I am, I know you're just toying with me here...
>          Hans is an alias for Eric Braeden. He played Dr Otto Hasslein in Escape.

Just testing you, Paul ;>
However, I believe Hans is his real name, and Eric Braeden the alias. I used to watch Hans in the Rat Patrol tv series.

Now connect RM to Jackie Chan.

--Mel
rcsantos@pusit.admu.edu.ph

Subject: RM in A Christmas Carol

>From the Philadelphia Inquirer, September 10, 1997 issue:

Two stage and screen veterans, Roddy McDowall and Hal Linden, will alternate in the role of Ebenezer Scrooge in Madison Square Garden's musical extravaganza A Christmas Carol. Linden and McDowall begin their miserly duties Nov. 18, with 96 scheduled performances.

-------------

For myself:

          I'd like a movie
          With Roddy, Malcolm and Andie
          If only to see
          The grand confusion there would be

--Mel
rcsantos@pusit.admu.edu.ph

Subject: (no subject)

Are you guys all sleeping, vacationing or am I having problems with my e-mail? Here it is the big day and I haven't recieved any e-mails since the 8th.

-- JC

Subject: RE: (no subject) (should have been BAD ROXIE!)

ALICE/JC of The Musgrave Foundation rightfully asked:

>Are you guys all sleeping, vacationing or am I having problems with my
>e-mail? Here it is the big day and I haven't recieved any e-mails since
>the 8th.

Except the question shouldn't have been addressed to everyone (though she had no way of knowing that), since I was and am the only guilty party.

My apologies to one and all for once again seeminging to neglect this list.

The fact of the matter is that this is the first time in almost 7 days that I have even had my computer turned on.

Two Fridays ago, my grandfather died and things have been rather hectic around here for me since then. I've been ferrying relatives, coping with a grandmother who went berserk (even tho they've been divorced 45 years... since he had the gall to die on her birthday, she was convinced that he not only did it on purpose but that everyone else in the family conspired with him.... sigh).

Anyhow.

The RM birthday card has been delivered just fine, though I don't know if he's seen it yet or not. As soon as I know something, I will let everyone know.

Also, I want to thank everyone who signed the card, and apologize to all those who, due to the time factor involved, did not get the chance to sign it themselves. I think that for next year, we should start... like... you know... tomorrow.....

Anyhow.

I'm trying to catch up with my 300 plus email messages, and other such stuff, so I will write more later.

Thanks for all your understanding....

And, once again, my apologies to all for the silence, the delay, and anything else I may have neglected or done wrong lately.....

--Roc

RM Tribute: Frames | RM Tribute: No Frames | Contact Us | Musgrave Foundation