RMGROUP mail
January 1998

Subject: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hi everyone,

We want to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

...Sally..

Subject: RE: Happy New Year

        Same here. Happy New Year, Sally and everyone. I don't write much but, I read everything that comes into my in-box.
        Congrats, Sally for your Christmas Carol experience! You are really lucky. I probably would have blown it and tripped over my tongue. In 1996, I met Celine Dion backstage at Atlanta's Chastain Park Amphitheater. She was very sweet and very talkative but, the only thing I could think of to say back to her was "Great show. I drove 400 miles to see you." She was greatful and appreciative--that's just the way she is--but, boy, did I feel dumb.
        I'm sure I'd end up doing that with Roddy.
        You got pictures, right? Could you send me one if I send you a self addressed and stamped envelope?? Oh, and I'll pay for the copy as well if you can do that.
        So, anyway, I hope this is a great year for everyone.

God Bless,
Becky Camp

Subject: New-to-you Member

        Hello everyone! I feel really guilty that I haven't introduced myself yet. I joined the group last September, but I've been so busy at school that I've not taken the time to let you get to know me.

        The reason that I've not been involved in the group until now is because I'm a full time student at Mississippi State University. Last semester I had 20 credit hours...barely enough time to do all my homework, let alone try to enhance my RM fascination. Luckily though, this is my last semester and I'll graduate in May.

        I'm Brenda Thompson and I absolutely **adore** Roddy McDowall!! I guess that I've been fascinated with RM ever since I can remember. I've always loved the silver screen. I'm constantly watching AMC!! I was really amazed at the website and was pleased to find out that there were more fans out there just like me!

        My RM "story" is not quite as exciting as some of the other members, however, I am truly blessed because of it. No, I have not seen or been written to by RM. He has touched my life in another special way. I met my husband "because of RM".

        I met my husband at my first college in Florida. Strangely enough, I thought that he looked like RM, so I decided to muster up the guts to tell him so. When I did, he surprised me by saying, "Really? Across the United States from Florida to Washington, six people have told me that (They really have!). It's really amazing because, he's my Uncle!"
        Well, at the time, I was not the educated and dedicated RM fan that I am now, and I fell for his trick. After a couple of minutes of my twirling around in delight and a thousand things running through my head of how I could get him to introduce me to RM, I said to him, "Really?!" with my face in *pure delight*.
        He replied with a straight face, "No" and then laughed. Flirtatiously, I punched him in the shoulder. That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship, courtship, and marriage. As you can see, had he not played that brilliant trick on me, showing me his great sense of humor, I probably would have not pursued him. It also helped that his looks reminded me of RM, which is very handsome (as you all know).

        Thanks to Sally's tip about the address c/o Madison Square Garden Theater, my husband and I sent a Christmas card with a letter describing the above meeting between the two of us. We really hope that he's able to read the letter and reply. That would be *wonderful*! If not, I hope that you all enjoyed our story.

        Thank you all for listening. Maybe it will bring some other "closet" members out to share their stories. :-)

Brenda A. Thompson

Subject: RMs lecture in Florida

Hi everyone,

It's time for us to head out for RM's lecture in Florida.
See ya'll in a week.

...Sally..

Subject: Afternoon (in FL) with RM

I just wanted to know if anyone else had made plans to attend any of the afternoon/evening with RM photography presentations. I recently bought tickets to the Melbourne showing. I don't really know what to expect, so if any of you do, please reply.

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't even found a copy of his Double Exposure books. Do any of you know where I can purchase them? Maybe they'll have them on sale at the presentations?

I know that this would never be as fun as seeing him in NY for Carol, but funds and distance prevail so Florida it is. I'm really looking forward to seeing RM in Florida, but was wondering if I'd have the chance to meet any of you as well.

Brenda A. Thompson

Subject: Roddy interview in Scarlet Street

Sorry if this is old news...please forgive me if it's a repeat of info that has already been on the list. I don't remember seeing it, but I might have missed some posts along the way.

Anyways, I just found an interview with Roddy in a magazine called Scarlet Street, which bills itself as The Magazine of Mystery and Horror. It's in the issue that's on the newsstands now, No. 26. $5.95 in the U.S., $7.95 everywhere else. I think it's only going to be available on newsstands for about another week or so - it says on the cover "display until January 15". I found it in the science fiction section of my newsagent while I was checking to see if there were any magazines with stories about Forever Knight.

The interview covers five pages, and there's lots of pictures from various movies Roddy's done. Just before the interview (which, btw, doesn't really tell us too much we don't already know), there's a very long review and article (also five pages) on "Fright Night", with a couple of pictures of Roddy from the movie.

If you can't find the magazine at your local newsstand, you can order it from

Scarlet Street Inc.
P.O. Box 604, Dept. 26
Glen Rock, NJ 07452
U.S.A.

The issue is $5.95 per copy, and shipping is $2.00 for the first copy, $1.50 each per additional copy in the U.S. For Canada, shipping is $4.00 per copy. Foreign, $6.00 per copy. All in U.S. funds, of course.

Oh, yeah...and they even put Roddy's name on the front cover!!!!

Lynne Ackerman

Subject: Sands of Time

I hope I'm sending this to the right place, and in the right way. I lost the information on how to post, and list information. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has a tape of the mini-series the Sands of Time that they could copy for me, or know where I can get one? I would pay all reasonable expenses for copying.

--JCursine

Subject: RE: Hello,

"Ish Stevens" <nazgul@wwd.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am a big fan of RM and also of HP Lovecraft. Do you know where I could
> find the 1963 album of HPL's stuff that RM recorded?
>
> Thanks,
> Ish Stevens

Hello Ish!

Sorry not to get back to you sooner, but I've been a bit under the weather lately...

In regards to your question....

I assume you are talking about the recording RM did of Lovecraft's "The Hound" and "The Outsider" -- Personally, I have a cassette tape made *many* years ago from a vinyl record on file at the Cal State Long Beach college library. Because of the tapes age and how it was made, I'm afraid the quality is not the best... but it's good enough. If you can't get ahold of anything else, I would be happy to copy my tape for you.

Beyond that, I will forward your request to our mailing list members... maybe one of them actually has the album and could make a good quality tape (one for each of us, even...)

Thanks. Hope this helps somewhat....

--Roc

Subject: RM schedule question

Sherrie Stewart <"sstewart@waldenu.edu"@postoffice.worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Do you have any information on where Roddy McDowall will be in the
> month of July, 1998? I want to try to go to one of his performances.
> Thanks for your help.
> Cstewart

Sherrie....

I'm not certain of the answer right off the top of my head, so I am copying this message to the RM mailing list people in the hopes that one of them might be better able to answer your question.

Folks, when you reply to this message -- you can probably just send your reply straight to Sherrie without bothering to include a copy to the list (unless you want to).

Bye bye

--Roc

Subject: Is Paris Burning?

Kenneth Buck <357mag@gte.net> wrote:

> Dear sirs,
>
> I found on a few sites that Roddy appeared in the movie "is Paris
> Burning?" I've bought the movie, but cannot find him in it. Did he
> appear in this movie?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ken Buck 357mag@gte.net

Dear Ken,

You know, the name sounds vaguely familiar.... but I just did a (quick) check of our filmography on RM and that title doesn't seem to be listed. Do you know if it was ever released under a different name? Also, could you tell me when/who made the movie?

I'm copying this message to our RM mailing list gang in the hopes that someone there might be of more help to you.

Thanks for stopping by....

--Roc

Subject: NEW MEMBERS

Hello Gang!

I've been a wee bit lax in my duties here again lately. Sigh.

I *think* I may have already introduced Lisa Ermini to the group as a new member, but I'm pretty sure I haven't introduced our other FOUR new members.... So, according to our contact page (www.smithway.org/clan/contact.html) here's our latest batch of new members:

      Lisa Ermini......................regasst@fhahero.org

      Joni.............................jonilane@access.digex.net

      Yalita Bennett...................LadyMara@aol.com

      Diana Koulalis...................dkoulalis@belmont.kminc.com

      Damon............................Damon219@aol.com

As for you new "kids" -- you should all be receiving list mail by now. If you're not, or you're having any kind of problems or questions, please feel free to contact me at roc@smithway.org and I'll do what I can to get things in order.

Thanks to all.

And

 __    __ ______ ___     _______   _____     _    _   ______   _
\  \/\/  / _____|   |   |   ____|/   _   \  / \  / \ | _____| | |
 \  /\  /| ____||   |___|  |____|   (_)   |/   \/   \| ____|  |_|
  \/  \/ |______|_______|_______|\_______//___/\/\___\______| |_|
to all the new members!

--Roc

Subject: RE: Roddy interview in Scarlet Street

Thanks for sharing this info. I will definately try and obtain a copy of this publication. I wonder just how much it will cost me for it to be sent over.

Love Mo x

Subject: RE: RE: Hello,

>I assume you are talking about the recording RM did of Lovecraft's
>"The Hound" and "The Outsider" -- Personally, I have a cassette tape
I'd like a copy of this as well, if someone does have it and can make a cassette copy of it.

Lynne Ackerman

Subject: rm

i just love roddy, he seems like he would be the absolute nicest person!!! all that and talent too
has roddy ever been married?
thank you for all the rm info!!!!!

--Sabryna

Subject: RE: Is Paris Burning?

Reading this too quickly, all I could imagine was Our Roddy featured in PARIS IS BURNING. How thrilled I was, and now how disappointed I am. Ah, to be in Paris when RM is all en vogue...
:) seriously!
-- Nancy

Subject: Non-RMGROUP review of Christmas Carol

Martin Denton gave a 3-star rating to the play, in a review dated December 6, 1997. The original document is located at http://botz.com/nytheatre/carolmsg.htm.

Okay, so I'm just a kid at heart: when Roddy McDowall as a redeemed Ebenezer Scrooge gave me a piece of candy near the end of A Christmas Carol I admit that I was delighted. McDowall follows a whole batch of children into the audience, each armed with a basketful of chocolate to distribute to the small fry (and yours truly) in the front rows of Sections 200 through 202 at the Theatre at Madison Square Garden. It's charming and it's fun, just like the moment when snow suddenly starts to fall--not just on stage, but in the auditorium as well; or when a dozen or so of Jacob Marley's condemned ghostly colleagues perform an impromptu tap dance, rattling their chains mischieviously; or when an anachronistic but somehow entirely plausible mini-lineup of Rockettes show up to do high kicks with Ebenezer and the Ghost of Christmas Present. This is a production that doesn't take itself or its Dickens too seriously; its only aim is to show you a grand time, and it succeeds beautifully. The surprise is that even in this enormous auditorium and staged in tongue-in-cheek British pantomime style, this Christmas Carol manages to move us and warm our hearts. Roddy McDowall (who alternates in the role of Scrooge with Hal Linden) is outstanding, bringing a sweet and melancholy sadness to scenes like the party at Fezziwig's, yearning to join in the fun and to relive a cherished memory. Joel Blum, Ken Page, Christine Dunham, and Todd Gross are fine as the three Ghosts and Bob Cratchit, respectively; and watch for a talented young dancer carrying a fiddle: his name is Brad Bradley, and he's marvelous. Choreographer Susan Stroman is at her inventive best here, as are designers Tony Walton (sets) and William Ivey Long (costumes). This is a lively, thoroughly delightful production that will charm kids and adults alike, and perhaps even remind them of what Scrooge learns about the Christmas spirit.
--Mel

Subject: RE: Afternoon (in FL) with RM

Brenda,

i'm attending his performance in Jacksonville next Tuesday, 1/20/98, & I'm not quite sure what to expect, either. I'm sure looking forward to it, though.

Heidi Manzone

> > I just wanted to know if anyone else had made plans to attend any of the
> > afternoon/evening with RM photography presentations. I recently bought
> > tickets to the Melbourne showing. I don't really know what to expect, so
> > if any of you do, please reply.

Hi, Brenda!
        I'm supposed to be going to the Jacksonville lecture, but I STILL haven't gotten my ticket sent to me! Guess I'll be calling the theater tomorrow.
        Try Books-a-Million discount (!?!) tables. I got the only copy of Double 2 in Savannah at the one there.

Beth

> Hi, Brenda!
> I'm supposed to be going to the Jacksonville lecture, but I STILL
> haven't gotten my ticket sent to me! Guess I'll be calling the theater
> tomorrow.
> Try Books-a-Million discount (!?!) tables. I got the only copy of
> Double 2 in Savannah at the one there.

Brenda,
        Since you're online, try www.amazon.com. They may have a copy or two lying around. My local Barnes and Noble bookstore had DE2 and DE3 marked WAY down recently, but doesn't now.

Beth,
        Have fun at the show!!

-Paul

Subject: RM photography credit, maybe

From http://www.circlecity.com/circlecity/roundtown/books/97reviews/coffee.html, about coffee table books:

The creator of "Naked Flowers Exposed" (HarperCollins, $60), floral designer Walter Hubert, asked celebrities and photographers like Bruce Weber, Richard Gere, Roddy McDowall, Sheila Metzner and 96 others to explore what flowers mean to them. Could be Sofia Coppola's shot of flowers covering Graceland's most famous grave, Tom Munro's flower tattoo surrounding a nipple or Peter Wert's flowers stuck in the snow next to a deer's decomposing corpse. This is not a garden seed catalog; it's a collection to make you rethink whatever you thought about flowers.
--Mel

Subject: RE: RM photography credit, maybe

MEL wrote:

> From
> http://www.circlecity.com/circlecity/roundtown/books/97reviews/coffee.html,
> about coffee table books:
>
> The creator of "Naked Flowers Exposed" (HarperCollins, $60),
> floral designer Walter Hubert, asked celebrities and
> photographers like Bruce Weber, Richard Gere, Roddy McDowall,
> Sheila Metzner and 96 others to explore what flowers mean to them.

Hmmm....

                Is it just me, or does this sound an awful lot like the floral
                version of RMs own Double Exposure books?

Hmmm......

--Roc

Subject: RE: RMs DEs

I 'm proud to state that I have all 4 editions of Double Exposure (including the first edition printing of DE1). The trick is you can either go to places like Barnes & Noble and ask them to order it for you......or.....you can do what I did. Go to Camera Exhibits, conventions, shows, etc. Dealers often frequent these shows. They now only show off their cameras but also keep mailing lists on which you may put down what you're interested in (books!). Write down the title(s), leave the request with the dealer and they will let you know (usually via mail) if it has come into their possession and how much they want for it (usually a lot less then stores), or, they will let you know where/who to contact who does have it. I did this back in the 70s.....and the guy hand delivered it to me at my office (yes, they still do that in NYC). The rest I found by browsing the book vendors on St. Mark's Place (street vendors always have/sell the best art books), for $11.00 a piece. So, If you're ever in NY, drop on by the East Village in Manhattan...trust me you WILL be amazed.

later all....

---Yalita (Lady Mara)

> Brenda,
>
> i'm attending his performance in Jacksonville next Tuesday, 1/20/98, & I'm
> not quite sure what to expect, either. I'm sure looking forward to it,
> though.
>
> Heidi Manzone

Heidi, where are you sitting? My ticket got here and I'm in section A, row E downstairs.
Beth

Subject: Roddy McDowall: a life on film

From http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/011698/S0116Rod.html:

Friday, January 16, 1998

Story last updated at 4:54 p.m. on Thursday, January 15, 1998

Roddy McDowall: A life on film

By John Carter
Times-Union staff writer

Don't even try to patronize Roddy McDowall. He's not buying it.

Mention his critically acclaimed reputation as a child actor and he dismisses it.

"For one thing I wasn't a 'child actor,' " he insisted by phone from his New York apartment. "I was an adolescent who looked like a child. Jackie Cooper, Shirley Temple - now those were child actors. When you're doing that level of acting at [age] 4, then you're a great child actor."

Expect that level of candor if you plan to attend An Evening with Roddy McDowall, at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Wilson Center for the Arts at Florida Community College at Jacksonville South Campus. In this one-man presentation, the actor-raconteur shares reminiscences of his life and career.

Speaking off-stage, the 69-year-old veteran of 130 films and hundreds of television shows pulls no punches.

For example, while discussing his life in New York in the 1950s, he mentions knowing film legends Montgomery Clift and Paul Newman.

Did he know they had star potential?

"Of course," he said in his oddly quizzical voice. "But the thing is, there were many many others you thought would be stars, too. And it just didn't happen. So who knows?

"It's the same with some movies we revere today. Did I know they'd become classics? No. Absolutely not. You never know. There's no way to predict those things. All the people who claim they knew those kinds of things, well, they have rocks in their heads or something."

Roderick Andrew McDowall was born in London to a mother who wanted desperately to be an actress. But don't call her a stage mother.

"I'm afraid I just don't know what that means," he snapped. "It just sounds so negative. Yes, she wanted to act. And we had a wonderful time."

He began acting in British films at age 8. He made 16 films in England before coming to the United States in 1940 to star in How Green Was My Valley, about a tender Welsh youth called upon to quit school and go to work in the mines.

The film won six Oscars, including Best Director and legendary director John Ford's only win for Best Picture.

Ford was not a heavy-handed director, just a brilliant one, said McDowall, age 12 when he filmed the classic movie. Instead of giving detailed instructions, Ford helped the young actor "use the deafening concentration" that McDowall thinks is innate in many children and adolescents.

"He [Ford] just made this intense effort to get what was needed for the film every step of the way," he said. "He treated everybody with respect and he had all the right ingredients to bring out our best. I don't know, really, he was just a very, very clever man."

Though filmmakers were proud of the work, McDowall said, no one during Hollywood's "studio days" really thought of motion pictures as art, or ever suspected films would have such staying power.

"Lillian Gish," McDowall corrected himself. "[Screen actress] Lillian Gish knew that motion pictures were the great American art form. She always said that. And it turns out, she was right."

Today McDowall is so committed to film preservation that his papers and mementos are among those in a highly acclaimed collection of Hollywood memorabilia at Boston University.

Not only has McDowall performed with famously endearing animals - Lassie Come Home and My Friend Flicka (both 1943) and That Darn Cat (1966) - he actually played one of the most memorable critters in Hollywood history.

McDowall endured hours of makeup to play Cornelius, a cerebral chimp, in The Planet of the Apes, its numerous sequels and in the television series.

"It was such an inventive film, I just feel extremely fortunate to have been asked to do it," McDowall said. "It was terribly hard, like acting with a bucket on your head. But it was such an original piece of work, it was just a wonderful experience. That beautiful opening sequence and, of course, the ending. It's still breathtaking."

McDowall, who has never been married nor suffered the mental trauma described by many "child actors," said he loves all kinds of movies, good ones, bad ones, nearly anything but pretentious ones.

"A couple of my favorite 'bad' movies are Cobra Woman with Maria Montez and Torch Song with Joan Crawford," he said. "They're just ludicrous, you know? It's mind-boggling. Yet they were made with such fervor, such earnestness. They're just treasures. I get goose bumps thinking about them."

The FCCJ Artist Series presents An Evening with Roddy McDowall at 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Wilson Center for the Arts, FCCJ South Campus, 11901 Beach Blvd. Tickets are $27.50. (904) 632-3373 or (904) 646-2222.

--Mel

> I 'm proud to state that I have all 4 editions of Double Exposure (including
> the first edition printing of DE1). The trick is you can either go to places
> like Barnes & Noble and ask them to order it for you......or.....you can do
> what I did. Go to Camera Exhibits, conventions, shows, etc.
        I finally got my 4th (and last) DE book. All are 1st editions, except Vol 1. I was lucky enuf to find a used book dealer sell it to me at cost as a wedding gift (since i frequent the store often). As for camera conventions, we don't have things like that here in the rural areas. Either Cleveland or Pittsburgh are the closest cities and they're still 1 1/2 hours away. We don't hear much up these parts of things like that happening.

> The rest I found by browsing the book vendors on St. Mark's Place (street
> vendors always have/sell the best art books), for $11.00 a piece. So, If
> you're ever in NY, drop on by the East Village in Manhattan...trust me you
> WILL be amazed.
        I'd love to go to NYC someday soon. It's such a big, wonderful place, i'm sure i'd get lost tho. Perhaps in 2 years i'll be able to get up there. (This vacation is taking me south to NC and TN)

-Paul

Beth,

We're picking our tickets up at the door, but we were told that we're 8 - 10 rows back in the center. I'm not sure which section that is.

Heidi

> Beth,
>
> We're picking our tickets up at the door, but we were told that we're 8 -
> 10 rows back in the center. I'm not sure which section that is.
>
> Heidi

Should be between rows h-j in section A. I have my tivket put away, but will look to let you know my exact seat. Maybe we can say "hi"...

Beth

> > Beth,
> >
> > We're picking our tickets up at the door, but we were told that we're 8 -
> > 10 rows back in the center. I'm not sure which section that is.
> >
> > Heidi
> Should be between rows h-j in section A. I have my tivket put away, but
> will look to let you know my exact seat. Maybe we can say "hi"...
> Beth

Looked at my ticket: Center section, downstairs, E-109

Beth

Subject: Just want to say thanks

I just want to publicly thank Mel for all the posting she does of various reviews, interviews, etc., about Roddy.

Some of us don't have web access, so I'm very grateful to be able to read all the articles you find. You're doing a real service for all us fans! And someone...at some point...should tell Roddy about your "good works".

Lynne Ackerman

Paul,

Where in NC and TN will you be?

Janet

Subject: RM film credits, maybe

The following titles are part of RM's filmography in the book Film Lover's Companion (ed. David Quinlan, pub. Citadel Press, ISBN 0-8065-1892-8):

Kiss of Gold (1981)
Deceptions (1985, TV)
Shadow of Death (1987)
The Edison Effect (1987)
Prodigy (1991)
Does anyone know anything about these films, and whether RM did appear in them? BTW, the book describes RM as smart, resourceful, and a scene-stealer.

Also, http://web.ukonline.co.uk/craig.pierce2/roddy.html claims that RM was interviewed not so long ago on "Larry King Live". Can anyone confirm this?

--Mel

Subject: RM on Jan. 25 Thirteen/WNET show

According to http://www.intlemmys.org/news/pr/97winners.htm:

UK, Canada, The Netherlands and Namibia Emerge the Big Winners at the 1997 25th Anniversary International Emmy Awards Gala

New York/November 24, 1997 .. At tonight's 25th Anniversary International Emmy Awards in New York City, produced by The International Council of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, four programs from the UK, one from Canada and one from The Netherlands emerged as the winners of the coveted six program awards. The Namibian Broadcasting Corporation received the International Council/UNICEF International Children's Day of Broadcasting Award.

The black-tie gala, held at the New York Hilton, was hosted by Sir Peter Ustinov. Presenters included Armande Assante (Gotti, The Odyssey); Soprano Kathleen Battle; Richard Belzer (Homicide: Life on the Street); Fran Drescher (The Nanny); Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing); Marilu Henner (Taxi, Evening Shade, currently in Broadway hit Chicago); Roddy McDowall (currently on Broadway in Dickens's Christmas Carol); Michael Nouri (Flashdance, Goodbye Columbus); Milo O'Shea (Golden Girls, Frasier, The Purple Rose of Cairo); Cliff Robertson (Charly, Escape from L.A); and, from Australia, the Bananas in Pajamas.

Four Special Awards, including the International Council/UNICEF Award, were presented: Dieter Stolte, Director General of ZDF German Television, received the Directorate Award. Jac Venza, Director of Cultural and Arts Programs at New York's PBS flagship station, Thirteen/WNET, received the Founders Award. The first Sir Peter Ustinov Television Scriptwriting Award, presented under the auspices of the International Council of NATAS Foundation, was presented by Sir Peter himself to an aspiring Russian screenwriter called Tanya Fridrich. The last special award, The International Council/UNICEF International Children's Day of Broadcasting Award, was presented to the Namibian Broadcasting Corporation.

The International Emmy Awards will be shown on NBC Europe on December 6. The event will air also on New York's PBS flagship station Thirteen/WNET on Sunday, January 25 at 7:00 pm and will be made available for future broadcast on PBS by WNET. The Gala was sponsored by ABC/Disney International Television; CBS Broadcast International; France Television; NBC Inc.; Orbit Communications Company; and Variety.

--Mel

> Where in NC and TN will you be?

Well, Janet, I want to go see relatives in the area Of W. Jefferson NC. That's out on the western part of the state. Then I want to head to Nashville and see what there is to see there. (There's supposed to be another fella there that MAY be related!!)

Why do you ask? Are you in that neck of the woods?

-Paul

Subject: Evening with Roddy

It was worth the longish drive and my only regret is that I didn't get to say "hi" to Heidi and compare notes.

Beth

BETH,

Hi. Unfortunately, I was unable to check e-mails yesterday and so just received yours tonight. I'm sorry we didn't get together last night. I ended up sitting in the center of the sixth row - - pretty good seats, too! Wasn't the show / evening fabulous??! And so interesting. I could have sat and listened to him talk for another couple of hours!!

Heidi

Subject: RE: rm

SABRYNA wrote:
>i just love roddy, he seems like he would be the absolute nicest person!!!
>all that and talent too
>has roddy ever been married?

No.

>thank you for all the rm info!!!!!

You're welcome.

...Sally..

Subject: RM in Florida and Harris Live!

From http://www.tampatrib.com/baylife/bayl100p.htm (ignore the weird title):

1/20/98 -- 7:15 PM

Width must be at least 6p. composing, this needs extra
By BOB ROSS of The Tampa Tribune

TAMPA - Midway through a whirlwind week in Florida, Roddy McDowall sounds chipper. The telephone voice of the distinguished actor, photographer and film preservationist is unmistakable.

You can hear echoes of the young master he portrayed more than a half century ago in Hollywood hits such as "Lassie Come Home," "My Friend Flicka" and "How Green Was My Valley."

These days, though, he sounds more like Cornelius, the erudite primate he brought to life in "Planet of the Apes" (1967) and three of its four sequels.

After personal appearances on consecutive days in Lakeland, Avon Park, Melbourne, Sun City Center and Jacksonville, the 69- year-old star wraps up his Florida mini-tour with a date today at Sarasota's Van Wezel Hall and an 8 p.m. appearance Friday at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater. He will also be on Jack Harris' "Harris Live!" show at 12:30 p.m. Thursday on WFLA, Channel 8.

"It's basically a lecture," McDowall says of his program. "It's sort of a journey through my life, which I illustrate with photographs that illustrate various occasions and experiences." He takes questions from the audience at the end of the program.

He rejects outright the popular notion that child stars become troubled or unemployed adults.

He calls that view "an old- fashioned canard. Look at people such as Elizabeth Taylor, Jodie Foster, Natalie Wood, Kurt Russell, Dean Stockwell. Ron Howard had a fine career as a child actor, and now he's a great director. So are Sidney Lumet and Jackie Cooper. So that issue really is not viable."

McDowall does more than make movies (about 70 are available on video and dozens of his older ones show up occasionally on cable). He's also a Tony-winning stage actor: He most recently appeared in the Broadway holiday musical "A Christmas Carol."

"Before that I finished a film," he adds. "It's with John Ritter, titled `Loss of Faith.' I'm not sure when it's coming out."

His television work dates to the golden age of live dramatic broadcasts.

McDowall is particularly proud of his professional-quality photography: He has published four volumes of his pictures so far.

"I started [photography] in the late '40s," notes McDowall, who has lived in "a lot of places, mainly California, New York and London. And my work has taken me to many more."

After five decades in the film industry, McDowall has emerged as a leader. He serves on the board of governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (the group in charge of the Oscars), and he is also on the governing board of the National Film Registry, the preservationist group headquartered at the Library of Congress.

"There are just huge amounts of lost negatives," he laments, referring to the number of old movies that have vanished forever. "It's appalling. Only in recent years has consciousness been raised about this issue. It is very important because film is a great American art form. It is part of our heritage."

One has to wonder if McDowall has any predictions about who will receive Academy Award nominations next month. He demurs. "I make no predictions," he says with a laugh. "That way lies madness."

A CONVERSATION WITH RODDY McDOWALL -- WHAT: The actor reminisces and displays his photography.

-- TODAY: 2 p.m. at Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota; (941) 953-3366. Tickets are $15.

-- THURSDAY: McDowall will appear on "Harris Live!" at 12:30 p.m. on WFLA, Channel 8.

-- FRIDAY: 8 p.m. at Ruth Eckerd Hall, Great Room, 1111 McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater; (813) 791-7400. Tickets are $35.

--Mel

Subject: RE: RM film credits, maybe

MEL wrote:
>The following titles are part of RM's filmography in the book Film
>Lover's Companion (ed. David Quinlan, pub. Citadel Press, ISBN
>0-8065-1892-8):
>
> Kiss of Gold (1981)
> Deceptions (1985, TV)
> Shadow of Death (1987)
> The Edison Effect (1987)
> Prodigy (1991)
>
>Does anyone know anything about these films, and whether RM did
>appear in them? BTW, the book describes RM as smart, resourceful,
>and a scene-stealer.

After giving these films another look see, they are AKA's of his films, but right now I can't be sure the titles of all of them. It would take some time to go back through my files to pin point each of the movies.

>Also, http://web.ukonline.co.uk/craig.pierce2/roddy.html claims that
>RM was interviewed not so long ago on "Larry King Live". Can anyone
>confirm this?

1993 Roddy was on Larry King Live (CNN).

...Sally..

Subject: Hello Everyone

Yes, hello everyone. I've been away from the computer for awhile - recovering from surgery and adapting to motherhood. Thanks to everyone who suggested baby names - as I told you at the time, there was no way that my husband would allow me to name the baby Roderick. So, we named him Thomas (sneaking in a nod to Roddy by way of his father - what my husband doesn't know won't hurt him).

I expect to hear all about Roddy's appearances in Florida from those who get to attend. Remember that I'm stuck out here in the middle of nowhere and am still not allowed to travel.

Cheryl

Subject: Roddy in People

Hey everyone, check out "People Magazine Online." This week's "Where are they now" column is about Roddy. It's at www.pathfinder.com/people/where_now/index.html

Cheryl

Subject: RE: Just want to say thanks

> I just want to publicly thank Mel for all the posting she does of
> various reviews, interviews, etc., about Roddy.
>
> Some of us don't have web access, so I'm very grateful to be able to
> read all the articles you find. You're doing a real service for all
> us fans! And someone...at some point...should tell Roddy about your
> "good works".

You're very welcome, Lynne. I hope you'll contribute to my bail if I get sued, and the American contingent can petition the INS not to deport me. :-)

--Mel

Subject: RE: Roddy in People

CHERYL wrote:

> Hey everyone, check out "People Magazine Online." This week's
> "Where are they now" column is about Roddy. It's at:
> www.pathfinder.com/people/where_now/index.html

Here it is:

PICTURE THIS
Roddy McDowall

He was the little boy who welcomed Lassie home, he was an ape and lately he was Scrooge -- in a holiday production of "A Christmas Carol" at New York's Madison Square Garden. At 69 the perennially youthful Roddy McDowall keeps working, be it on stage, screen or aiming a camera lens. "The point," the former child star tells PEOPLE Online, "is to be allowed to stretch."

McDowall's adolescence is permanently frozen in time in films like "How Green Was My Valley" (1941), "Lassie Come Home" (1943) and "My Friend Flicka" (1943). Born in England, he began acting there in 1937, smuggled into the studio on the floor of a car because at the time it was illegal for children under 14 to work in the U.K. In 1940 he came to the U.S. with his mother and sister to escape the World War II bombings.

Put under contract to MGM, the young McDowall worked side by side with people who became his lifetime friends, most notably Elizabeth Taylor. Speaking of those early days, and referring to his old films, McDowall claims, "I'm not particularly interested in watching myself." And he pooh-poohs any difficulty he might have had making the transition from child to adult actor. "It's difficult for anybody to grow up, wherever you are," McDowall says. "Elizabeth Taylor, Natalie Wood, Dean Stockwell, Kurt Russell, Jodie Foster -- they all made the transition. That's a canard about child actors. It's like every other line of work, some matriculate and some don't. Some don't want to be involved in that expression."

McDowall wasn't sure he wanted to be involved, either. In 1964 he began a second career as a photographer. "I never made a decision to be an actor. It was just something I was put into. Not that I disliked it -- I wanted to see if I could do something else." He concentrated on celebrity portraits. To date he has had a series of four "Double Exposure" photography books published, and a fifth is planned. (PEOPLE Magazine has often used McDowall portraits, and a selection from his latest book is due to appear in our pages soon.) Photography volumes are the only kind of books he's interested in -- despite his many experiences, the anecdotes he has and the people he knows, he claims he has no interest in writing his autobiography.

And any doubts he may have had about an acting career were stilled long ago. "I just want to keep working," he says now. Younger audiences perhaps know him best for his work as Cornelius in the TV movies "Planet of the Apes" and "Escape from Planet of the Apes," as Caesar in "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" and "Battle of the Planet of the Apes" and in the short-lived "Planet of the Apes" TV series.

"My life," he once said, "has been absolutely demented by the moving image." Today he acts, photographs and battles for the cause of film preservation. A powerful inspiration in his life is an inscription that Eric McKnight, the author of the novel "Lassie," wrote in McDowall's copy of the book. "What counted for him," McDowall remembered of the writer, who was killed during World War II, "was to have enough grit and stamina to survive and to retain one's decency."

And for the record, I'm freaking out from sheer envy of all you people who got to go to Florida.

--Mel

Subject: RE: Hello Everyone

CHERYL wrote:
>Yes, hello everyone. I've been away from the computer for awhile -
>recovering from surgery and adapting to motherhood. Thanks to everyone who
>suggested baby names - as I told you at the time, there was no way that my
>husband would allow me to name the baby Roderick. So, we named him Thomas
>(sneaking in a nod to Roddy by way of his father - what my husband doesn't
>know won't hurt him).

C O G R A T U L A T I O N S, Cheryl and husband!!!

I won't say anything more, except get PLENTY of sleep. You'll need it.

...Sally..

Subject: RE: Evening with Roddy

Beth,

Do you live in Savannah? And were you sitting (last Tuesday) at the end of the (fifth, I think) row? If so, my husband I were sitting just behind you & over two seats. I'm so sorry we didn't get together! But it was wonderful to be there, wasn't it?

Heidi

Subject: Thanks, Sally

Thanks for your good wishes. You're right about the sleep.

Cheryl

Subject: RE: Afternoon with Roddy

Sally,

I'm sorry that I did not know that you were going to be in Melbourne also. I would have loved to meet you. I was sitting on the left side of the theater (seat M-41). I trekked the 12 hour drive from Mississippi to Florida. Whew! It was my quickest vacation ever.

It was an amazing performance! I had a wonderful time listening to RM in person. (It was my first encounter! :-)

Brenda A. Thompson

Yes, that was me...

--Beth

BRENDA wrote:
>Sally,
>
>I'm sorry that I did not know that you were going to be in Melbourne also.
>I would have loved to meet you. I was sitting on the left side of the
>theater (seat M-41). I trekked the 12 hour drive from Mississippi to
>Florida. Whew! It was my quickest vacation ever.

We were sitting in H-7 & 8, the far side of the theater. We had to drive an hour and 45 minutes from our motel in Ft. Pierce which was a shorter ride than Avon Park.

...Sally..

Subject: Hello

HI

Does anyone happen to know if Roddy will be in the Washington D.C. metro area any time soon (or long)? I found out to late that he was here at the Library of Congress for something about film preservation. And I could have gone! My boyfriend works there !! Any information would be greatly appreciated. I love this group. I learn so much neat stuff about Roddy McDowall !

Joni

Subject: voice credit

From http://www.take2productions.com/complete.htm:

"Captain Sinbad and the Black Diamond" Directed and Animated by Brett Piper is a wonderful children's film narrated by Roddy McDowall. This heart-warming story gives the positive message of finding strength and courage within yourself. Completed, and coming soon to video stores across America.
I've written to them to ask if this is the same as "The Return of Captain Sinbad", which is what we have in our filmography. I'll give an update when they reply.

--Mel

ok,
im sure theres a story there somewhere and im sure i missed it. so what are you talking about here? lol!!!!!!!!!!
/me hugs her long lost mcdowall family. hope you all are doing ok. im doing great. i have never been happier!!!!!!! i got a terrific room mate!!!!!!!! her names becky,and we are having the best time ever!!!!!!! i envy all those who ever got to meet roddy,i will never get that chance. :-(. i can just live off all of yall's meetings and fantasize. lol!!!!!!!!!
i guess the roddy tv guide hasn't had anything interesting lately,can't remember the last time i got anything from that. :-). well,i have other emails to check. take care all.
love and hugs,
tami.

Subject: RM's obscure films (RE to Mel)

Hope you can pass this along to Mel -- and anyone else who wants some information about Mel's last inquiry into the list of RM's more obscure films.

After just finishing Anthony Perkin's biography, Split Image, the author made mention to the film Shadow of Death (1987). Apparently, it was a film that RM was Supposed to do, but backed out of, allowing Anthony Perkins to do the movie instead. It was never mentioned why RM pulled out of the movie, it just said he was "unavailable", and Perkins was at a career point when he would take just about any movie offer that came up. No one even told the cast about the change in main characters so they all expected RM to show up. The movie, which also starred Football player Lyle Alzado, was filmed in Colorado, and was a story about a haunted house, from what I could gather from the book. It didn't make Perkins famous, so I'm sure RM was probably right in not taking the movie.

BTW, if you can stomach it, Split Image is a great book, and RM is mentioned quite a bit as being one of Perkins longtime friends who helped him through the final stages of AIDS. The author does mention though that Perkins, who used to make everyone laugh at his silly imitation of RM, was a little jealous at him for winning a TONY, something that "Tony" always wanted, and because of it, RM was often the butt of many a Perkins joke.

In the end, RM wound up remaining a very close friend to him when he finally passed away. The author wrote that RM came to the house the very morning Perkins died to give him his latest Double Exposure book.

--Lisa

Subject: RE: RM's obscure films (RE to Mel)

The message about RM's support of Tony Perkins during his illness was very touching.

I've sometimes wondered if RM's red scarf might be some kind of giant AIDS awareness ribbon. Might it be in memory of his friend Tony and/or the many others who have fought AIDS?

-Kathy

LISA wrote:

>After just finishing Anthony Perkin's biography, Split Image, the author
>made mention to the film Shadow of Death (1987). Apparently, it was a
>film that RM was Supposed to do, but backed out of, allowing Anthony
>Perkins to do the movie instead. It was never mentioned why RM pulled
>out of the movie, it just said he was "unavailable", and Perkins was at
>a career point when he would take just about any movie offer that came
>up. No one even told the cast about the change in main characters so
>they all expected RM to show up. The movie, which also starred Football
>player Lyle Alzado, was filmed in Colorado, and was a story about a
>haunted house, from what I could gather from the book. It didn't make
>Perkins famous, so I'm sure RM was probably right in not taking the
>movie.

Lisa's right about the book. I'm halfway through it myself. Boy, it makes for quick reading, if you can take that kind of a book, it's like Rock Hudson's biography, "His Story." Whoa!

Don't worry, Lisa, you didn't spoil the ending for me. I knew he dies. ;-)

...Sally..

Subject: (non given)

I'd just like to say hi to everyone else at the RM group, it's a real pleasure to be part of it. As I mentioned when I joined the group I live in England where I feel like I'm the only fan of RM ,so I'd be really interested to know if anyone else in the group lives elsewhere than America, especially if it's England.

I feel extremely jealous reading about how so many of you have met him at various things, but it's great to hear about them, maybe one day he might come here!!!

As I've mentioned there are rarely films on over here with RM in, and never any interviews or live appearences, and I was wondering if any of you would be willing to copy any tapes you have of live appearances (especially This is Your Life), or any other bits and pieces if I paid to send a tape over, or paid you back for any copies you could send. I know this is probably taking a bit of a liberty but believe me England is a barren desert where RM is concerned, and I'd be really grateful for anything.

Keep on writing, it's great to hear about Roddy and other fans.

Thanx,Sam (not Samantha please!!)

> After just finishing Anthony Perkin's biography, Split Image, the
> author made mention to the film Shadow of Death (1987). Apparently,
> it was a film that RM was Supposed to do, but backed out of,
> allowing Anthony Perkins to do the movie instead. It was never
> mentioned why RM pulled out of the movie, it just said he was
> "unavailable",

Thanks, Lisa, that's one 'credit' I can cross off my list. I read in Starlog magazine that Roddy was also supposed to be in "Lord of Illusions" with Scott Bakula, but he had a prior commitment so he couldn't do it.

Speaking of Starlog, the following is from their August 1997 issue (#241):

Arthur [C. Clarke] wrote an essay about his friend Carl Sagan for Roddy McDowall's latest volume of portrait photographs, Double Exposure: Take Three. Last year, Roddy was in Sri Lanka filming Jungle Book II and dropped by to see Arthur. They hadn't been face-to-face since Arthur was in the U.S. for production of 2010, directed by Peter Hyams (with whom Arthur collaborated on The Odyssey File).

Roddy came bearing a gift -- a beautiful photo of his dear friend Elizabeth Taylor, inscribed: "May your future always be spring."

--Mel

JONI wrote:
>Does anyone happen to know if Roddy will be in the Washington D.C. metro
>area any time soon (or long)? I found out to late that he was here at the
>Library of Congress for something about film preservation. And I could
>have gone! My boyfriend works there !! Any information would be greatly
>appreciated. I love this group. I learn so much neat stuff about Roddy
>McDowall !

He probably goes to DC for meetings with the National Film Preservation Board when there's no schedule conflict. He was in NY co hosting the MGM Musical Gala at Carnegie Hall in July so he just scooted down to DC for that particular meeting. Seems your boyfriend would be most likely to give you any heads up. Don't forget to drop us a line too.

...Sally..

Subject: RE: voice credit

>From http://www.take2productions.com/complete.htm:
>
>        "Captain Sinbad and the Black Diamond" Directed and Animated by
>        Brett Piper is a wonderful children's film narrated by Roddy
>        McDowall. This heart-warming story gives the positive message of
>        finding strength and courage within yourself. Completed, and
>        coming soon to video stores across America.
>
> I've written to them to ask if this is the same as "The Return of
> Captain Sinbad", which is what we have in our filmography. I'll
> give an update when they reply.

Their reply as follows:

From: Take2films <Take2films@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 16:04:26 EST
Subject: Re: Captain Sinbad and the Black Diamond

Its centered around the same character, but after he had his courage stolen from a mean witch...But don't worry,,,he gets his courage back, and and everything is fine

G-Man

Guess this means there's a new voice credit for RM.

--Mel

Subject: Films (Obscure)

"Kiss of Gold" might be the one Roddy was talking about that he did with Ava Gardner. He said that it had not been distributed before, but was coming out on video this spring. Just a guess, but it might be possible...
Beth (aka Danielle's mommy)

MEL wrote:
>>From http://www.take2productions.com/complete.htm:
>>
>>        "Captain Sinbad and the Black Diamond" Directed and Animated by
>>        Brett Piper is a wonderful children's film narrated by Roddy
>>        McDowall. This heart-warming story gives the positive message of
>>        finding strength and courage within yourself. Completed, and
>>        coming soon to video stores across America.
>>
>> I've written to them to ask if this is the same as "The Return of
>> Captain Sinbad", which is what we have in our filmography. I'll
>> give an update when they reply.
>
>Their reply as follows:
>        Its centered around the same character, but after he had his
>        courage stolen from a mean witch...But don't worry,,,he gets
>        his courage back, and and everything is fine
>

>        G-Man
>

>Guess this means there's a new voice credit for RM.

Thanks, Mel!! One more thing to add to the list. ;-)

...Sally..

Subject: RE: (none given)

I too live in England. London to be precise. It is good to know RM has a few British supports.

Cheers, Sam

Mo x

> As I've mentioned there are rarely films on over here with RM in, and never
> any interviews or live appearences, and I was wondering if any of you would
> be willing to copy any tapes you have of live appearances (especially This
> is Your Life), or any other bits and pieces if I paid to send a tape over,
> or paid you back for any copies you could send. I know this is probably
> taking a bit of a liberty but believe me England is a barren desert where
> RM is concerned, and I'd be really grateful for anything.

sam,
i dont have any live appearences,i do have 40 something tapes with just his movies/tv shows like planet of the apes and quantum leap and the one with the time travelers. i also have him on that mystery show. man i can't think of any of these titles tonight. :-). im sure you know what im talking about though. :-). if i can be of any assistance,email me at peter@abilene.com.
hugs,
tami.

Subject: RE: ***RM TV Guide***

Don't know if this little story is to obscure for you all, but Sally's tvguide reminded me. The movie, FLOOD was filmed partly in my little hometown in Oregon. The covered bridge that gets blown up is the one I spent hours on sitting and dreaming about getting out of that town. When the movie crew came in and took over I spent 17 hours at the sight watching. I got to talking to one of the crew and just happened to mention that I wished that my favorite actor, Roddy McDowall had been in the movie. Well, this guy started laughing and said that he WAS in the movie and had been there YESTERDAY. I literally started to cry. ( It was almost midnight and I was tired). He told me that Roddy was really nice and a regular guy. He said he rode around on the bus with the crew instead of insisting on his own car. (sigh) it is the bain of my exsistance that I always seem to Just miss Roddy McDowall.

Joni

Subject: Animation Special Issue

Hi everyone,

I am finally catching up with my reading which includes The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

In the Animation Special Issue January 1998, there's a little write up of animated feature films -

FILMS IN PRODUCTION

"A Bug's Life" Pixar and Disney, holiday 1998. Director John Lasseter follows the success of his smash hit "Toy Story" ($192 million in domestic box office) with a second all computer-animated film this one dealing with the adventures of a misfit young ant who tries to save his colony from a gang of grasshoppers with the aid of members of a flea circus. Andrew Stanto is co-directing, with Darla Anderson and Kevin Reher producing. Voice talents: Dave Foley, Kevin Spacey, David Hyde Pierce, Denis Leary, John Ratzenberger, Jonathan Harris, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Madeline Kahn, Phyllis Diller, Richard Kind and Roddy McDowall."

The gal next to us in Melbourne asked Roddy about Pinky & the Brain and he brought up this new movie. I just wasn't sure of the exact title cuz I was pretty far away and his English accent is sometimes hard to hear.

The Hollywood Reporter production list shows it as starting March 15, *1997*.

...Sally..

Subject: RE: Films (Obscure)

BETH wrote:
>"Kiss of Gold" might be the one Roddy was talking about that he did with
>Ava Gardner. He said that it had not been distributed before, but was
>coming out on video this spring. Just a guess, but it might be
>possible...

I believe, Beth, this is what he was referring to:

Legendary Ladies of the Silver Screen
VHS tape collection which includes the movies:
The Devil and Miss Jones,
Guest Wife,
Letter from an Unknown Woman,
The Ballad of Tam Lin,
Diary of a Chambermaid,
and The Strange Affair of Bel Ami.
RM will give introductions and background on each movie including his own.
This collection will be available next Spring by Republic Pictures.

...Sally..

Sam,

Somewhere in my video collection I'm sure I have Roddy on "Larry King Live" from a few years back, and maybe when he was on the "Joan River's Show." If you're interested, I'll try to dig them out.

Janet

Subject: RM Tour/L.A. trip

Sally and others, thank you *so* much for posting your "reviews" of your trips to see Roddy. For those of us who couldn't get to see him, it was the next best thing to being there!

Sally, you were very thorough about posting the questions Roddy was asked - can you remember any of the answers?

I'm planning on taking a trip to Los Angeles at the end of March, and would love to meet anyone who's there. Please write me off-list so that we can arrange this. I think it would be a lot of fun!

Lynne

JONI wrote:

> Don't know if this little story is to obscure for you all, but Sally's
>tvguide reminded me. The movie, FLOOD was filmed partly in my little
>hometown in Oregon. The covered bridge that gets blown up is the one I
>spent hours on sitting and dreaming about getting out of that town. When
>the movie crew came in and took over I spent 17 hours at the sight
>watching. I got to talking to one of the crew and just happened to mention
>that I wished that my favorite actor, Roddy McDowall had been in the movie.
> Well, this guy started laughing and said that he WAS in the movie and had
>been there YESTERDAY. I literally started to cry. ( It was almost midnight
>and I was tired). He told me that Roddy was really nice and a regular
>guy. He said he rode around on the bus with the crew instead of insisting
>on his own car. (sigh) it is the bain of my exsistance that I always seem
>to Just miss Roddy McDowall.

*Sniff, sniff*

...Sally..

KATHY wrote:
>I've sometimes wondered if RM's red scarf might be some kind of giant
>AIDS awareness ribbon. Might it be in memory of his friend Tony and/or
>the many others who have fought AIDS?

Can't say. I only knows he likes the color *red*. He signs everything in red except silver for the dark photographs. I believe his *car* is red, right Roc? And from this past lecture, he has red carpeting on his stairs. He had taken a photograph of his white jacket hanging on the stairway railing because the light from the window at the top gave his jacket an unusual lighting effect.

...Sally..

RM Tribute: Frames | RM Tribute: No Frames | Contact Us | Musgrave Foundation