RMGROUP mail
December 1998

Subject: The Musgrave Website

I finally had a chance to take a look at the website. It is terrific! You guys have done a fantastic job. I really enjoyed it and learned a few things too!

I just have one suggestion (I know, I have a lot of nerve :D ), the lists of his works need to be brought up to date. If you need an updated copy of his "resume", let me know. Like he said in his letter, people should be able to find out about his whole body of work.

Jeanne

Subject: Re: Updates (already) to RM tv guide

Yes, I watched most of it. I must admit I found doing the laundry more interesting than hearing about all of her poor choices of husbands. I must admit I'm not a fan of Ms. Taylor's.

I only recall hearing Roddy's name three times and seeing a very brief film clip of him and her at some awards show (look fairly recent--in the past few years). The first mention of his name was just a mention that he and Taylor starred in the Lassie movie together. The second was some old guy saying that Roddy wouldn't speak to Larry Portensky (sp?) and vise versa, & that was very hard on Elizabeth (that doesn't really sound like something Roddy would do?) And the third mention, oddly enough, was that Roddy attended her marriage to Larry.

There may have been more references to him, but I glazed over so many times during this program, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it. I found it interesting that near every Roddy obit. mentioned his great friendship with Ms. Taylor, but her supposedly very comprehensive live story barley gave him a nod. I suppose the general public finds her tumultuous relationships with her many husbands more interesting that an enduring friendship?

pamela

> Was anyone able to watch Elizabeth Taylor: The E! True Hollywood
> Story today? Any interviews of Roddy in it? It will be reran on
> Mon, 30 Nov 10:00a-12:00 noon.
>
> --Mel

Subject: Vanity Fair...finally

I'm slow, but I finally got Vanity Fair. I thought I was all cried out, but I was wrong. It was a very nice article and the pictures were nice, too. I'd always had such a crush on him--but to realize what a genuinely good person he was as well makes his loss even more painful.

pamela

Subject: Entertainment Weekly article

I don't know if someone already copied this article for the group, but I'd be happy to copy it if no one has already. Entertainment Weekly #454 Oct. 16, 1998--"The Sci-Fi issue, the galaxy's top 100. Brief obit. on page 92. Let me know. Nice picture, too.

pamela

Subject: Re: The Musgrave Website

> I finally had a chance to take a look at the website. It is
> terrific! You guys have done a fantastic job. I really enjoyed
> it and learned a few things too!

Thanks, Jeanne, glad to hear that!

> I just have one suggestion (I know, I have a lot of nerve :D ),
> the lists of his works need to be brought up to date. If you need
> an updated copy of his "resume", let me know. Like he said in his
> letter, people should be able to find out about his whole body of
> work.
>
> Jeanne

Do I want an updated copy of his resume? *YES* !!! I'll email you privately with my postal address. Thanks for the offer, Jeanne!

--Mel

They don't mention him because she never slept with him! Hollywood doesn't understand (or isn't interested in, whatever) relationships that aren't centered around sex. Friendship doesn't sell tabloids, I guess.
Kari

> I only recall hearing Roddy's name three times and seeing a very
> brief film clip of him and her at some awards show (look fairly
> recent--in the past few years).
>
> pamela

Sure Benita. I believe you. Really. ;)
Kari

> > And, finally, especially for Benita, the movie where a woman grabs
> > Roddy's butt, presenting The Alien Within (aka Unknown Origin):
>
> Mel, very funny. Allow me to point out that *you* mentioned the 'butt
> grab' first. And I am sure I am not the only one whose interest it
> grabbed, I was just the only one brazen enough to say so. I have
> since rented and viewed it, and as sc-fi flicks go, not bad. I am not
> a big fan of them, but I liked this one, helped along by Roddy. And
> NO, before anyone asks, it was NOT the grab, which is really more of
> a quick pinch. Benita

Subject: Elizabeth Taylor

Roddy was extrememly protective of Elizabeth Taylor. As loyal as he was to everyone else, multiply it by 100 for her. Unless she personally requested his participation in a project (which was almost never), he turned down every request for information/interviews about her. If Elizabeth didn't approve of the project, he didn't even like to be mentioned in it.

Hope that sheds a little light so you won't be disappointed next time. :)

Jeanne

Subject: Re: Entertainment Weekly article

I agree Pamela. Very cool picture! I love the way they've combined Roddy and Cornelius' faces. I've got it, but if any of you haven't, the picture's worth it by itself. (Short, short article though. Cheapskates.)
Kari

Subject: Re: Peace River RM fan club

> Dana, don't you think it is interesting some of us were in the same fan
> clubs? Probably at the same time. I wish I could recall dates, if I still
> had my (sadly) lost collection I could tell you, I;d still have my news
> letters. The 70's and 80's is all I can say now..Benita

Yes, and I remember several of your names from those days, including you, Benita. The 70's is about right - and the early 80's. I was running my fan club in the early to mid 80's.

Dana Holland

Subject: Re: RM tv guide Nov 27-Dec 31

> > Name of the Game' ??? Couldn't find it in our website's
> > filmography, but did find it (twice) in the TV Appearances
> > webpage. Please tell me that someone here has Encore's Mystery
> > Channel and can tape this show.
>
> I do. In fact I just taped RM's episode of Combat off their
> Action Channel the other day. For those not aware the Encore
> channels show movies/tv shows uncut and unedited.
>
> -- Morgan

Hey, Morgan! Was "Name of the Game" actually shown? Were you able to tape it? Can I get a copy of this and Combat? Thanks!

--Mel

Subject: Re: New Members Jeanne and Pati

Thank you for the warm welcome. At least we have one man in common Roddy Mcdowell, who always seemed the type of guy all girls want to marry!

Pati

Subject: Re: Vanity Fair(missing something?)

Exactly what IS Vanity Fair???? I sort of missed something here...

Monica

Subject: Re: Welcome, John

I never thought about it much before, but suddenly it hit me... WAS Roddy gay??? Going by a tradition that I swear is not intentional (because I rarely know it beforehand), all the male artists (writers/preformers whatever artists) have been gay. I swear this was only just pointed out to my by a friend, and it's true that I never ever heard of Roddy havijng a girlfriend...

Monica

Subject: Remembering a star...

I was just wondering how any of you out there chose to remember Roddy? In my latin class, we call eachother by Latin names. I chose to be called Octavia (female form of Octavius) in memory of Roddy's MARVELOUS portrayal of the emperor Octavius in "Cleopatra".

Monica

Subject: Kathy Bates takes over RM AMPAS board seat
Bates on Acad governors board Thesp fills McDowall's seat

By BILL HIGGINS, December 2, 1998 Variety

Kathy Bates’ next role will be as a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences’ board of governors. The Oscar-winning actress will fill the seat vacated by the recently deceased Roddy McDowall. She’ll begin her first term on the board immediately.

Through a spokesperson, Bates said she was "thrilled" by the election. "Following in Roddy McDowall’s footsteps means more to me than words can express. I was proud to call him my friend and hope to serve the Academy as well as he did."

Bates was chosen through a special election held via the mail. She joins current governors Gregory Peck and Karl Malden on the board, marking the first time in Academy history that all of the incumbent actors branch governors have been Oscar winners.

--Mel

Subject: Famous Monsters of Filmland

Oh, wow! I just bought a copy of Famous Monsters of Filmland #224 (Nov/Dec 1998 issue). It's got a 5-page piece called "Remembering Roddy", with the article occupying only three-fourths of a page. You guess it -- lots of photos! All the pics are B&W. One's from Fright Night, then there's a full-page behind-the-scenes portrait of Bookworm. Next, a full-page spread of Roddy being made up as Galen (8 photos) plus another page with the full face makeup on (the rest of him still human and wearing a robe). The last one is really, really cute -- Roddy as "Pinocchio" (complete with costume and lengthened nose) in the fantasy version of Hollywood Squares called Storybook Squares.

Too bad the comics shop had only one copy ... But it's a good thing I frequent comics shops, no?

:-)

--Mel

Subject: Back Again!

Hey Roc - Gang:

Well, I finally got e-mail at my house, so I get back on the computer with y'all. My new e-mail is wookplains@aol.com. Please sign me back up for the group. It feels so good to be coming back!

I got onto the website last night and just wanted to tell you that you did a great job with Roddy's memorial - it looks beautiful!

I also had a chance to listen to the sound bytes - fantastic for whenever I get lonely!

Well, let me know if I have to do anything else.

Talk to you soon

Lisa Ermini

Subject: Fwd: Kathy Bates Selected to Movie Panel

I got this on my daily news list, just thought I would pass it on.

Joni

-------------------------
From: AOLNews@aol.com
Subject: Kathy Bates Selected to Movie Panel

Kathy Bates Selected to Movie Panel

(c) The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kathy Bates replaces the late Roddy McDowall on the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences governing board.

Ms. Bates joins Gregory Peck and Karl Malden on the three-person board, the first to be made up entirely of Oscar winners.

McDowall died of cancer Oct. 3. Ms. Bates' term was announced Tuesday.

Ms. Bates, 50, won her Academy Award for her portrayal of an obsessed fan in the 1990 movie "Misery." She has also appeared in "Titanic," "Fried Green Tomatoes" and "The Waterboy."

AP-NY-12-02-98 1625EST

Copyright 1998 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Subject: Re: Remembering a star...

I drive my family nuts by watching every movie I can find of his. And rewatching my favorites. I stick in the Poseidon now, and I hear off-key singing in the other room, "There's got to be a mor-ning after... No there isn't!!!" Heathens! Oh well. You know what was really strange? I was cleaning out some of my files, and came across an old art portfolio I did a few years back. I had an assignment to charcoal a face from a mag, and I chose Roddy's (his eyes, I tell ya! They're terrific to study.) I had completely forgot about it until I suddenly flipped over the paper, and there it was! Totally totally freaked me out.
Kari

> I was just wondering how any of you out there chose to remember
> Roddy? In my latin class, we call eachother by Latin names. I
> chose to be called Octavia (female form of Octavius) in memory of
> Roddy's MARVELOUS portrayal of the emperor Octavius in "Cleopatra".
>
> Monica

Interesting question, Monica. When my son was born last January, I couldn't get my husband to even consider Roddy or Roderick as a name - so I asked the other Musgravians for suggestions. They came up with Thomas, which was Roddy's father's name. My husband agreed - since it was also his father's name. So my son's name always reminds me of Roddy. If we ever have another son, his name will be Andrew - which was Roddy's middle name.

Cheryl

> I was just wondering how any of you out there chose to remember
> Roddy? In my latin class, we call eachother by Latin names. I chose
> to be called Octavia (female form of Octavius) in memory of Roddy's
> MARVELOUS portrayal of the emperor Octavius in "Cleopatra".
>
> Monica

> I was just wondering how any of you out there chose to remember
> Roddy? In my latin class, we call eachother by Latin names. I chose
> to be called Octavia (female form of Octavius) in memory of Roddy's
> MARVELOUS portrayal of the emperor Octavius in "Cleopatra".

         I've got a story... About 7 years ago, my girlfriend and i were looking for a birthday gift for her nephew. We found these little stuffed tigers that would roar when you squeezed them. We fell in love with them and bought two. One went to the kid, the other we kept. Trying to think of a name, I came up with Ceaser, After RM's POTA character. I still have that tiger now, andhe is still very much alive to us.

How's that?

Paul Worley

Subject: Re: Vanity Fair

Actually, it was November of 1981 when Natalie Wood died. I remember it well because my youngest son was born that September and we were making a trip to Alabama to visit relatives. I remember the trip well (with a four year old and a two month old baby.) After the first night there we woke up to the news and I remembered thinking how sad the whole thing was...especially for her children. And I always liked Robert Wagner as an actor.

Janet S.

I'm writing a children's book in which one of the characters name is Moppet, chosen because of RM's license plate which read: XMOPPET.

Christina-Paige

> Exactly what IS Vanity Fair???? I sort of missed something here...
>
> Monica

A magazine containing an excellent, and quite personal, piece written about Roddy. If you chose to read it, be prepared to start the grieving process all over again....

Frankie

> Sure Benita. I believe you. Really. ;)
> Kari
>
> > Mel, very funny. Allow me to point out that *you* mentioned the 'butt
> > grab' first. And I am sure I am not the only one whose interest it
> > grabbed, I was just the only one brazen enough to say so. I have
> > since rented and viewed it, and as sc-fi flicks go, not bad. I am not
> > a big fan of them, but I liked this one, helped along by Roddy. And
> > NO, before anyone asks, it was NOT the grab, which is really more of
> > a quick pinch. Benita

Kari, HONESTLY, it was't. I admit it was part of why I rented it, as I said I *do* have a baser side, but the movie stood on it's own after that. Benita.

Subject: Re: Fw: The Versatile Actor

Thank you for welcoming me, Susan!

Christina-Paige

It's an entertainment magazine that apparently everyone in the world gets except me.
Kari

> Exactly what IS Vanity Fair???? I sort of missed something here...
>
> Monica

YES!!!

Andrew has been the front-runner name for the son I have due in February! Thanks for the further reason to stick with that name!

The bit of Roddy that I have incorporated into me & that I intend to always keep, also gave me just the further motivation to raise my hand at a recent all-employee meeting and ask the President of our company, in front of everyone, when our company intends to extend insurance benefits to domestic partners. Well, he DID ask if we had any questions. The fact that that wasn't an option offered by our company had just been brought to my attention that morning by someone who could use it, but who had to miss the meeting, so I am personally guilty of not even having noticed this for over a year.

Answer: "Well, uh, I guess we just never thought of it." I am so ashamed to work here right now, Jeez! He did suggest I put my request in writing, which I will do as soon as we hire our new HR person.

-Kathy, St. Paul, MN

> If we ever have another son, his name will be Andrew - which
> was Roddy's middle name.
>
> Cheryl
>

> > I was just wondering how any of you out there chose to remember
> > Roddy?

Subject: Re: Famous Monsters of Filmland

Too nifty! Guess I'll have to make a run through all the comic book stores around here, and see what I come up with. Sounds like a cool find, though, Mel! I can't say I've ever seen the Pinocchio one!!
Kari

> Oh, wow! I just bought a copy of Famous Monsters of Filmland #224
> (Nov/Dec 1998 issue). It's got a 5-page piece called "Remembering
> Roddy", with the article occupying only three-fourths of a page.
> You guess it -- lots of photos! All the pics are B&W. One's from
> Fright Night, then there's a full-page behind-the-scenes portrait
> of Bookworm. Next, a full-page spread of Roddy being made up as
> Galen (8 photos) plus another page with the full face makeup on
> (the rest of him still human and wearing a robe). The last one is
> really, really cute -- Roddy as "Pinocchio" (complete with costume
> and lengthened nose) in the fantasy version of Hollywood Squares
> called Storybook Squares.
>
> Too bad the comics shop had only one copy ... But it's a good
> thing I frequent comics shops, no?
>
> :-)
>
> --Mel

Subject: Maureen O'Hara

http://www.mercurycenter.com:80/premium/svlife/docs/miller29.htm
[Maureen] O'Hara still turns misty-eyed whenever she's asked about her first Ford picture, "How Green Was My Valley," in which she played Roddy McDowall's sister, Angharad. She considered McDowall, who was 13 to her 19 when they made the film, a brother. She gets a catch in her throat when she remembers returning to Los Angeles earlier this year to find a message from McDowall, urging her to call him the minute she arrived -- only to learn he had died that morning.
*This* is really heartbreaking.

--Mel

Subject: Re: Maureen O'Hara [etc.]

:*-( How sad about Maureen!!! That must have been very disturbing...

Strange, but I often thought about what I would do when Roddy passed away.... I always assumed he'd be around until I was in my 30's (I'm 14 now). I guess my calculations were off <:-) He just seemed to be the kind of person who could live forever! But to loose him by cancer is the hardest part... Cancer is now first on my list of things to stop. It was boosted from second (after peace on earth, I figured that could wait until we've got enough people who can live to enjoy peace!). I never suspected he'd be gone so soon. My grandmother out- lived him, and she was in bad health for quite a few years (she died only a week after Roddy at the age of 80). He was ALSO first on my list of famous people I wanted to meet... Now that he's gone (and I have only my memories left), Mister Nathan Lane takes his place at #1. But no matter what list he has gone from, Roddy will ALWAYS be #1 in my heart.

Monica

Subject: Re: Maureen O'Hara

This is so touching. . . I can't help but feel her sadness. Roddy was truly "everyone's friend."

Joni

> She gets a catch in her throat when she
> remembers returning to Los Angeles earlier this year to find a
> message from McDowall, urging her to call him the minute she
> arrived -- only to learn he had died that morning.

Well, that set me off again.

Cheryl

>> Exactly what IS Vanity Fair???? I sort of missed something here...
>>
> A magazine containing an excellent, and quite personal, piece
> written about Roddy. If you chose to read it, be prepared to
> start the grieving process all over again....

So is the December issue ??? Teresa

Subject: No one compares.

I have to agree Monica,
         No one will really live up to Roddy. If I had to choose someone I would truly like to meet today it would have to be Whoopi Goldberg. She has always been one of my favorites and Shannon's too. Shannons my daughter. Thomas of course is still nuts about Tyra Banks. Most of you know Thomas.
         Has everyone seen "A Bugs Life" yet? I can hardly wait. Lorraine

> [Roddy] was ALSO first on my list of famous people I wanted to
> meet... Now that he's gone (and I have only my memories left),
> Mister Nathan Lane takes his place at #1. But no matter what list
> he has gone from, Roddy will ALWAYS be #1 in my heart.
>
> Monica

All those years subscribing to Famous Monsters and now they have an article on Roddy. And now I have to go looking for this hard to find magazine. Kyoko

> Oh, wow! I just bought a copy of Famous Monsters of Filmland #224
> (Nov/Dec 1998 issue). It's got a 5-page piece called "Remembering Roddy"

Subject: Re: my thought for the day

I think there is something about birds in a biography bit on Roddy's from the mid-60's from a Who's Who or a Who's Who of the Theater??? It mentions his apartment in New York and the first I ever saw of this film collection. Teresa

All right, all. I have a little piece of observation that I'd like to share. I just finished the Thief of Bagdad last night ($4.88 at WAlMart, remember! :), and I'd like to point out that there are a number of shows which feature Roddy cooing at pigeons and birds of various kinds!! Class of 1984, as he's standing in his bio lab sipping a drink, That Darn Cat while he's outside his mother's coop, The Thief of Baghdad in his loft, and I think there's one in Lord Love a Duck. (I had one more, but I forgot momentarily what it was.) Anyone else notice this, or in any of his other movies? There's a lot I haven't seen yet. This is pretty useless trivia, but I thought I'd mention it.
Kari

Way to go Kathy! I admire your courage on that one! I think you should get the Musgrave gold star for that one. Or whatever it is we have. :)
Kari

> The bit of Roddy that I have incorporated into me & that I intend
> to always keep, also gave me just the further motivation to raise
> my hand at a recent all-employee meeting and ask the President of
> our company, in front of everyone, when our company intends to
> extend insurance benefits to domestic partners. Well, he DID ask if
> we had any questions. The fact that that wasn't an option offered
> by our company had just been brought to my attention that morning
> by someone who could use it, but who had to miss the meeting, so I
> am personally guilty of not even having noticed this for over a
> year.
>
> Answer: "Well, uh, I guess we just never thought of it." I am so
> ashamed to work here right now, Jeez! He did suggest I put my
> request in writing, which I will do as soon as we hire our new HR
> person.
>
> -Kathy, St. Paul, MN

Subject: Roddy in IN STYLE

This month's IN STYLE magazine has a tiny, but adorable picture of Roddy's Holiday card from last year. He is dressed as Scrooge with the words, "See You In My Dreams" I miss him so much!!!!!!!!

Ginny Matos
ggmatos@net-link.net

My condolences over your Grandmother. Does it seem to anyone else that a looooot of people are getting cancer, compared to even a year or so ago? By the way, there's an aricle in this weeks Enquirer (I think its Enquirer. Or Star. One of them.) That has a little article on the first page on Elizabeth and Sybil getting back on friendly ground over Roddy's death. Nothing new, but there's a recent pic of Sybil. Alright, Monica! I like Nathan Lane too. Did you ever see Frankie and Johnny? With him and Al Pacino? What a riot! "Sorry Johnny, we have to hang up now. We're expecting a phone call from you at any moment." Kinda raunchy, though.
Kari

> Strange, but I often thought about what I would do when Roddy
> passed away.... I always assumed he'd be around until I was in my
> 30's (I'm 14 now). I guess my calculations were off <:-) He just
> seemed to be the kind of person who could live forever! But to
> loose him by cancer is the hardest part... Cancer is now first on
> my list of things to stop. It was boosted from second (after peace
> on earth, I figured that could wait until we've got enough people
> who can live to enjoy peace!). I never suspected he'd be gone so
> soon. My grandmother out- lived him, and she was in bad health for
> quite a few years (she died only a week after Roddy at the age of
> 80). He was ALSO first on my list of famous people I wanted to
> meet... Now that he's gone (and I have only my memories left),
> Mister Nathan Lane takes his place at #1. But no matter what list
> he has gone from, Roddy will ALWAYS be #1 in my heart.
>
> Monica

Subject: returned mails

I keep getting e-mails returned that I have sent to individual members. So let me try this.
1. Tammy--if RM voices "THE TICK" go ahead and add it.
2. Kari, not only do I find myself lokking for him to show up in entertainment news coverage, or wondering what his next project is, earlier this week I was in a little gift shop, mostly just browsing. and before I realized it, I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if they have anything Roddy would like?" At least I did not actually look for a gift.
Benita

What a wonderful article on a classy lady. I can see why Roddy would want to stay friends with her.
Kyoko

Mel your killing me!!!!
         I've been out of touch for two weeks and the first thing I read makes me want to cry! I can relate to Maureen's pain as I was in the middle of typing Roddy a letter when I discovered he had passed away just hours before! Poor Maureen. Regret doesn't get easier. It haunts! I woulda coulda's are the worst!
Lorraine

Yup, Decembers. It's got a big picture of Ewan McGregor on the front in his skirt.. uh, I mean kilt. (Cute chicken.) :)
Kari

> > A magazine containing an excellent, and quite personal, piece
> > written about Roddy. If you chose to read it, be prepared to
> > start the grieving process all over again....
> >
> > Frankie
>
> So is the December issue ???
> Teresa

Oh! That is so sad. That would be absolutely heartbreaking. This does answer a question for me, though. I was just wondering the other night how old Maureen O'Hara was (she was on a made for T.V show the other night, and she looked pretty good!) We had her figured at about 80. We were close, I guess! What's with "earlier this year" though?
Kari

Subject: Re: returned mails

> 1. Tammy--if RM voices "THE TICK" go ahead and add it.

Roddy voiced The Breadmaster, but only in one episode. Someone else voiced the character in subsequent episodes.

--Mel

Subject: A Bug's Life

I just got back from seeing "A Bug's Life" (literally, still have my coat on!). It is a WONDERFUL movie!! Roddy's character, Mr. Soil, is not exactly one of the main characters but he is THERE throughout the entire movie (usually, he's wherever the queen is). There is an absoloutely marvelous bit with him and a harp... thing.... Well, you'll all see it!!! No trouble noticing him either: His character even LOOKS like him!!!!!! Looks, acts, speaks (duh), gestures....... :-) :-) :-) :-) After you think about it, though, it's a bit like hearing his last words... It's a very unique feeling.

Other stuff you should get if you like cartoons & Roddy:

Animated "Wind in the Willows" movie. Roddy is the Rat. He SINGS!!!!!!! He sings 2 songs!!He sings a BOAT song!!!! >>person obsessed with that character from that book and Roddy as well.... over obsessed, that is<< And a song involving "Frozen Milky-Ways".... um....... yeah..... <:-)

LORD OF THE RINGS!!!! Roddy doesn't sing in this one, but he plays Sam the hobbit and is GREATGREATGREAT!!! Main character, and really spiffy voicing!!!!!! My fav part is when Sam finds Frodo and rescues him from the Orcs. :-) Why? Don't ask. I have a thing fir emotionally played-up scenes. And besides, this is... well... unique. Aw, you'd have to see it with my eyes to get what I'm saying, I think!!! Anyway...

Fav Roddy movie: THE FRIGHT NIGHT MOVIES!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THOSE!!!!!!!

Spiffy night to you all,
Octavia (yeah, I KNOW that's not my real name! sheesh...)

Subject: Re: Remembering Mr. McD

What have I done to remember Mr. McD? Well, actually, some friends did it for me. I wear baseball caps a lot, so last year for Christmas, they had a hat made for me that has "Roddy Rules" embroidered across the front. I wear it a lot.

Paige-Marie

Subject: It!

Tammy,
         I received the tape of "It" today. Thankyou! Thomas and I both popped it in right away and watched it together. It was a real treat to watch the very first movie that got me hooked on Roddy. That and Lord Love A Duck is how it all started me.
Lorraine

Kari

If we're going to start handing out awards - they should be (what else?) the GOLDEN DUCKS!!!

And Kathy, I'm sure that where ever our Roddy is he's smiling down on you and baby Andrew (love that name).

Cheryl

> Way to go Kathy! I admire your courage on that one! I think you
> should get the Musgrave gold star for that one. Or whatever it is
> we have. :) Kari
>
> > The bit of Roddy that I have incorporated into me & that I intend
> > to always keep, also gave me just the further motivation to raise
> > my hand at a recent all-employee meeting and ask the President of
> > our company, in front of everyone, when our company intends to
> > extend insurance benefits to domestic partners. Well, he DID ask if
> > we had any questions. The fact that that wasn't an option offered
> > by our company had just been brought to my attention that morning
> > by someone who could use it, but who had to miss the meeting, so I
> > am personally guilty of not even having noticed this for over a
> > year.
> >
> > Answer: "Well, uh, I guess we just never thought of it." I am so
> > ashamed to work here right now, Jeez! He did suggest I put my
> > request in writing, which I will do as soon as we hire our new HR
> > person.
> >
> > -Kathy, St. Paul, MN

Anybody else know anything about this?
Kari

> I think there is something about birds in a biography bit on
> Roddy's from the mid-60's from a Who's Who or a Who's Who of the
> Theater??? It mentions his apartment in New York and the first I
> ever saw of this film collection. Teresa

Subject: Re: No one compares.

Good good show! Really awesome Pixar! And its doing so well in the box office! And Roddy is in the opening scene, involved in one of the funniest jokes. (AUUGGGH! I'M LOST!)
Kari

>          Has everyone seen "A Bugs Life" yet? I can hardly wait.
> Lorraine

Subject: catching uo again

Hello Fellow Musgravians,
         Checking in for the last few weeks, and delighted with all the info on Roddy and Maureen. Glad the fans hasn't forgot. Roddy did so many great CLASSIC pieces of work, and probably did not seem like work to him.Lest not forget.
         Sorry, Lorraine for the down problem. Just got my computer back recently too, and Monica for your Grandmother. That disease is not a chosen one, and it really does have the effect on the whole family, since I have had my share of loved ones with that disease, and time does help to accept the loss with time.
         Just hope the holidays were good to all of you, and will catch you all later. Sorry, I can't contribute to the info, but thanks to all of you for the messages. Great to hear from all of you and have a safe week.

Roddy McDowell fan forever,
rozmaryn@salisbury,net

> All those years subscribing to Famous Monsters and now they have an
> article on Roddy.
> And now I have to go looking for this hard to find magazine.
> Kyoko

I just bought another copy of Famous Monsters of Filmland #224 at Library Limited (I just love that place). Try looking for the magazine at a Borders Bookshop.

--Mel

Subject: Re: A Bug's Life

He DOES sort of look like him, doesn't he! That's what I thought! I was afraid he would blend in with the other ants, but they all have differences. His gestures are the same, and you can just see him speaking! That was the perfect cartoon persona for him: a wise counsellor, teacher actor ant, who gets to do that trilling little "r" in his speech, and introduce a production of Hamlet that was better than Mel Gibson's(well, close, anyway.) I've got the Return of the King with his voice. (Loved him, the movie was so so.) And I just saw the Wind in the Willows cartoon in Blockbuster the other day, and was pondering whether to get it. Now I'm just going to jog on up there.
Kari

> I just got back from seeing "A Bug's Life" (literally, still have
> my coat on!). It is a WONDERFUL movie!! Roddy's character, Mr.
> Soil, is not exactly one of the main characters but he is THERE
> throughout the entire movie (usually, he's wherever the queen is).
> There is an absoloutely marvelous bit with him and a harp...
> thing.... Well, you'll all see it!!! No trouble noticing him
> either: His character even LOOKS like him!!!!!! Looks, acts, speaks
> (duh), gestures....... :-) :-) :-) :-) After you think about
> it, though, it's a bit like hearing his last words... It's a very
> unique feeling.

> Other stuff you should get if you like cartoons & Roddy:
>
> Animated "Wind in the Willows" movie. Roddy is the Rat. He
> LORD OF THE RINGS!!!! Roddy doesn't sing in this one, but he plays

         Don't forget "The White Seal", Roddy not only does several voices, he narrates, there is some 'Jungle Book' version where he does the same thing (voices and narrates) and although I have not seen it that I recall, Tammy mentioned "Cricket on the Hearth" which is an antimated Christmas film. I made a tape of "Wind in the Willows" when it was on tv last month. A delightful film on it's own merit. Roddy's voice, and SINGING only made it more so. I had almost forgotten how well he did sing. It was a suprise bonus to hear him. Benita

> Good good show! Really awesome Pixar! And its doing so well in
> the box office! And Roddy is in the opening scene, involved in one
> of the funniest jokes. (AUUGGGH! I'M LOST!) Kari
>

> > Has everyone seen "A Bugs Life" yet? I can hardly wait.
> > Lorraine

         I saw "A Bug's Life" at a United Artist theatre. About 30 mins. before a movie starts they begin showing slides. They have movie trivia, ads from local business, theatre info, etc. They also had a huge slide that says "United Artists Remembers Roddy Mcdowall 1928-1998" about 3 or 4 of his films (presumably UA) listed underneath. THAT was the first thing I saw on screen, before I even had sat down. And is it just me, or has anyone else noticed his name is absent from any review or write-up about the movie?? Granted, his role is not "starring", but considering he was who he was, and that it was his last film, the least they could do it mention him. Am I just being *too* picky?? Someone back me up on this.
Benita
bec87@bellsouth.net

Subject: Re: It!

That was indeed a reallyreallyreally good movie. I taped it during a special some channel had a year or two agocelebrating Roddy's B-Day. I love his character!!!

Monica

> What have I done to remember Mr. McD? Well, actually, some
> friends did it for me. I wear baseball caps a lot, so last year
> for Christmas, they had a hat made for me that has "Roddy Rules"
> embroidered across the front. I wear it a lot.
>
> Paige-Marie

         Well, this may sound a bit stange, but my experience in the past make me think computers do have personalties (think HAL, as in 2001 HAL) so I decided mine needed a name. To keep it an informal and friendly relationship, but still let it know I think well of it, I've choosed "Andy". "Andrew" was just a bit too formal. By the way, Paige-Marie, it dounds like you have a terrific group of friends. Benita

Subject: More Roddy

There's an article in Playbill On-line regarding Roddy: http://www5.playbill.com/cgi-bin/plb/news?cmd=show&type=news&code+82842&selector=U.S. (Long address!)

Christina-Paige

Ah, yes, that particular pattern of Roddy's speech! Actually the thing I noticed most (and, as a result of trying to immitate it still do this sometimes), is that he does this stuttering... thing between sentences, or when emphasizing a point... (<~~~~person who is bad at explaining this). If you know what I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure you know it's a cute habit.

Does anybody out there have a copy of Shock Treatment and the ability to copy it? Or know where we could find it? I'd love to see it, and there is a rabid fan of Carol Lynley's on the Poseidon list who would also love to track a copy down. Or for that matter, any of the old Fantasy island episodes with the two of them (BIG probably not, but I thought I'd ask.)
         Also, for all you Ape fans out there. I just watched the 2nd half of a two part episode of the X-Files (Of which I missed the first half, and so was completely confused) where was I... Oh! There was a part where Scully turns to Mulder (whose face wasn't his own, don't ask) and she says, "I'd kiss you, if you weren't so damn ugly." Hah! That was nifty!
Kari

Benita, Your right! I was wondering about that. Even if he wasn't the main character he still is a major name. I find it hurtful that it was mentioned. For example: The Negotiator great film. Samual Jackson and Kevin Spacey. When filming the movie one of the actors, (Not nearly as popular and has contributed only a morsel in comparison to Roddy),was mentioned at the end of the film. The dedication was to the actor- and I can't even rember his name now.
         It just seems wrong to me that a big film can mention a small actor but a small film like "A Bugs Life" can't make mention of someone as big as Roddy!
Lorraine

> She gets a catch in her throat when she
> remembers returning to Los Angeles earlier this year to find a
> message from McDowall, urging her to call him the minute she
> arrived -- only to learn he had died that morning.

Well, that set me off again.

Cheryl

I have noticed it too, Benita. I keep reading reviews of the movie expecting to see a mention of Roddy, but NOTHING. I am glad that I am not the only one who is surprised.

Joni

Yes, they could have mentioned his name a lot more. I think it would have been nice for Disney to dedicate the movie to him, a little "In Memory" thing at the end, or something. Especially since he was in so many of their movies, That Darn Cat, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, etc. I was at least hoping for an outtake of his character during the credits. But, oh well. I'm just happy that the movie's doing so well. And the theatre I saw it at didn't have slides, so you're lucky, Benita. I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more if everyone there knew that was Roddy's last role (besides me, and every person within earshot around me :)
Kari

I was laughing so hard through that whole scene that I'll have to go back and watch it again to hear Roddy's wonderful voice! He also got me soooo tickled during the "theatre" scene with the ant children. Fantastic movie! Loved it!
Christina-Paige

> Good good show! Really awesome Pixar! And its doing so well in
> the box office! And Roddy is in the opening scene, involved in
> one of the funniest jokes. (AUUGGGH! I'M LOST!)
> Kari

> And is it just me, or has anyone else noticed his name is absent
> from any review or write-up about the movie?? Granted, his role is
> not "starring", but considering he was who he was, and that it was
> his last film, the least they could do it mention him. Am I just
> being *too* picky?? Someone back me up on this. Benita

I agree wholeheartedly!!!! There should be a mention of Roddy in there *especially* considering that it was his last film (wasn't it?) and *especially* because he has made more movies than any other actor I KNOW.

> All right, all. I have a little piece of observation that I'd like
> to share. I just finished the Thief of Bagdad last night ($4.88 at
> WAlMart, remember! :), and I'd like to point out that there are a
> number of shows which feature Roddy cooing at pigeons and birds of
> various kinds!! Class of 1984, as he's standing in his bio lab
> sipping a drink, That Darn Cat while he's outside his mother's
> coop, The Thief of Baghdad in his loft, and I think there's one in
> Lord Love a Duck. (I had one more, but I forgot momentarily what
> it was.) Anyone else notice this, or in any of his other movies?
> There's a lot I haven't seen yet. This is pretty useless trivia,
> but I thought I'd mention it.
> Kari

         Kari, no, had not noticed, but now that you mention it....and what about that parrot or macaw that was always perched on or near him in "Tales of the Gold Monkey"? Benita

Subject: Stuff

Was "Bug's Life" Roddy's last movie? They do the voice overs on animated features BEFORE most of the animation so that the picture matches the voice better. And animation usually takes a year or two. He must have worked on other projects after this one. Now that you mention it though, I have no idea who else did voices in that movie, except for the guy from News Radio. I haven't seen any interviews or stories mentioning other artists.

Jeanne

P.S. I'm pretty sure Dennis was just a friend.

Subject: Re: Stuff

> Was "Bug's Life" Roddy's last movie? They do the voice overs on
> animated features BEFORE most of the animation so that the picture
> matches the voice better. And animation usually takes a year or
> two. He must have worked on other projects after this one. Now
> that you mention it though, I have no idea who else did voices in
> that movie, except for the guy from News Radio. I haven't seen
> any interviews or stories mentioning other artists.
>
> Jeanne

He mentioned having worked on "A Bug's Life" as early as January this year, during one of his Florida lectures. (No, I wasn't able to attend. I wish I had.) He must have done the recording in mid-1997 or earlier; he would have been busy on "A Christmas Carol" in the latter part of that year.

From online and various sources, I gather he spent some time in Geneva, he did the Apes documentary, he certainly had input on his A&E Biography, and then he went around promoting the 30th anniversary of Apes. He must also have done his last voice work for the animated Batman and Superman series, and for Pinky & the Brain.

So, I guess "A Bug's Life" would qualify as his last feature film. Or maybe not. I think there are two more unreleased films -- "The Truth About Lying" (with Samantha Eggar and John Ritter) and "Something to Believe In" (with Fiona Hutchinson?). The news item about "Truth" was dated 7/30/97, and he was in Montreal at the time doing the picture. Hmmm .... let me see if I can find something online about these two films.

--Mel

> I think there are two more unreleased films -- "The Truth About
> Lying" (with Samantha Eggar and John Ritter) and "Something to
> Believe In" (with Fiona Hutchinson?). The news item about "Truth"
> was dated 7/30/97, and he was in Montreal at the time doing the
> picture. Hmmm .... let me see if I can find something online about
> these two films.

According to the IMDB, "Something to Believe In" was released nationwide in UK on May 8, 1998. Empire magazine gave it a bad review (but didn't mention RM). The film is supposed to have been released in Brazil on November 27, 1998.

--Mel

Subject: Re: More Roddy

I can't make this link or URL work. Any suggestions?

Joni

Subject: The Death of Roddy McDowall: Perspective from Another Generation

http://www.universality.com/sojourner/OctNov/news/news.htm#roddy
Does anybody have a copy of that issue of People magazine mentioned in the article?

--Mel

======================================
The Death of Roddy McDowall: Perspective from Another Generation
by L.S. Carbonell

It's difficult from this perspective to imagine the United States being reluctant to get involved in World War II, but we were. The war had been raging for over a year in Europe and Japan had been invading other countries for several years before we had the justification of Pearl Harbor to force us into the conflicts on two oceans. Hollywood was enlisted to help the government persuade the American people that this was a just and honorable war.

That's how Roddy McDowall became an instant child star in a foreign land. He had made a few films in England before he, his sister and mother were evacuated to the States. Upon his arrival in California, he won the central role of a child in a coal-mining town in John Ford's classic How Green Was My Valley. His next few films were part of the propaganda machine of the war years. His innocent face, small stature and lilting voice made him a perfect choice to convince Americans that we needed to fight that war to protect the children. In another era, he would have been called the poster boy of English Resistance.

He was usually referred to as "Dear Roddy" by his co-workers and friends, and they were legion. The nickname derived from his ability to smooth the waters on difficult sets. Alan Lerner credited McDowall with practically keeping Camelot from dying on the road. It was one of the most difficult musicals ever brought to Broadway, with more tribulations during try-outs than the fictitious play in Noises Off, but it was nothing short of magnificent. McDowall begged Lerner for the role of Mordred, a character who doesn't even appear until the second act and a major step down for a Tony-winning actor. The casting was perfection. The four stars: Richard Burton, Julie Andrews, Robert Goulet and McDowall, were pure theatrical magic. I saw Camelot because of Burton and came away a life-long fan of dear Roddy.

When Alan Lerner was researching On A Clear Day You Can See Forever, Roddy arranged for him to meet a hypnotist who was helping Roddy get over his fear of flying. The hypnotist demonstrated her techniques for Lerner, and promptly and accidentally put Roddy under.

I remember a photo of him, taken at a party at Carol Burnett's home. It was in an early issue of People magazine. He'd taken a flying leap onto a bed full of fur coats. I remember that through all the trials of her life, Elizabeth Taylor's most constant friend was Roddy. They had met as children on their studio lot. Once, during a particularly bad patch in her life, he and friend Montgomery Clift engaged in a hotel room trashing that included dueling with flowers just to cheer her up. It's hard to imagine that gentle man acting like a rock star.

He was a contributor to Architectural Digest magazine and an accomplished photographer who published three books of celebrity portraits with accompanying essays by other celebrities. They are simply beautiful books; made possible by his friendships with so many of the stars he photographed. The recently aired special on the Planet of the Apes series was a full hour long because Roddy had taken home movies of the cast and crew. He was dedicated to the preservation of American film and as a film historian appeared on several TV specials about Hollywood. One in particular comes to mind. It was about child actors during the thirties and forties.

In forty years, I've never heard or read a single disparaging remark about Roddy McDowall. That in and of itself, in an industry notorious for ego battles, constantly watched by a press eager for dirt, is probably the finest thing you can say about any actor or any man.

Mel -

You are on the ball!!! I can't believe you found all of that information about Roddy's last projects so quickly.

You're such a good fan, I'm going to share a little info I found out - rumor has it that the Double Exposure books are going to be re- released for charity. So start saving your pennies!

Jeanne

Another Great Article, Mel, Where do you find these treasures?
Joni

i wrote a letter to the editor asking for more information. Perhaps they'll get in contact with the author and let us know.

Paul Worley

Subject: I have returned

I'm back!(What do you mean you didn't notice I was gone?!) We had some trouble with our AOL, and we were off line since the end of November. So, I have some catching up to do. Paul, do you still have any of those bug's life pins? If you do, save me one, and let me know.
         For those of you who aren't on the Christmas card list, you're really missing out. So far I've only gotten one, from Jennifer Rayburn,but it's a doozey---a happy Roddymas advent calender! Jennifer,it is so cool!! I had an idea, but our scanner and printer aren't working, so it was going to mean a lot of photocopying and reducing and gluing. I decided to be lazy and just give up and send a regular card. Now I have to at least try to meet the challenge that has been set before me!
Tam

Me and my lousy computer couldn't get it to work, Christina. What was it about?
Kari

> There's an article in Playbill On-line regarding Roddy.
> Christina-Paige

Subject: (Fwd) Re: McDowall death

Hey Gang! Here's the reply i got back from the editor for that online mag article. Let's hope they can get it for us soon...
That was one of the articles we had submitted. I am having one of our staff members get in touch with the writer to get the information and we will send it your direction when we get it.

Thanks for the interest and Happy Holidays!

Jason Zaruba
Editor-in-Chief
The Sojourner

At 02:14 PM 12/8/98 -0500, you wrote:

> In your recent article about Roddy's death, A mention is made
> about an early People magazine that had Roddy's picture jumping
> into a pile of furs. Is there anyway i can find out what the issue
> was, or even an approximate time it was published??
>
> Thanks!
> Paul Worley

Paul Worley

I agree with you, they could of had a little dedication to the man. I sat through the entire credits including the cute bug take outs, and not one mention. I'm mad!

Pati

Subject: eevil.... EEEEEvvilll...

Okey, dokey. Any of you out there interested in a copy of Evil Under the Sun? (The Agatha Christie murder mystery one, with Roddy as the gossip columnist) Due to circumstances out of my control, I ended up with two copies. I bought the one in a previously viewed bin, if you recall, and I just got one as a gift from a very thoughtful, and observant!, friend (I didn't even know that he knew I was a fan). However, as big a fan as I am of Mr. McDowall's, I really don't need two copies of the same movie. Any takers? One is a new, still wrapped copy with Peter Ustinov lounging on a chair on a beach on the front, with a picture of him, then a pic of Roddy on the back with a cigarette and a scarf. The other one is a previously viewed, but with the original pic (sort of a pastel logo, with a shadow of somebody shooting someone.) Both are in good shape. Either one, I care not. Just let me know, please.
Kari

> Does anybody out there have a copy of Shock Treatment and the
> ability to copy it? Or know where we could find it? I'd love to
> see it, and there is a rabid fan of Carol Lynley's on the Poseidon
> list who would also love to track a copy down. Or for that
> matter, any of the old Fantasy island episodes with the two of them
> (BIG probably not, but I thought I'd ask.)
> Kari

         Kari, I have a copy of "Shock Treatment" only one vcr, but Blockbusters rents vcrs for $10 for 5 nights. I won't have time until after the holidays, but I am going to see about copying some tapes then. If you haven't scored a copy by then I'll make you one. Send me a list of what you have on tape, and if you have something I don't, how about send me a couple to copy, I'll send yours back, along with "Shock Treatment" and we'll call it even. OK? Benita bec87@bellsouth.net

Subject: Re:Name of the Game

Was that Name of the Game compiled from episodes of that old tv series? I vaguely remember an old series called Name of the Game from when I was a kid.1960's or early seventies.
Tam

Yes, its called Current Biography and it's in the June, 1960 book. You can find the write up in the public library in your town.

Pati

Yup, I noticed that too. Hey, in that article in Vanity Fair, Dunne mentions something about Roddy answering the phone with the camp Noel Coward voice that he sometimes affected. I have no idea who Noel Coward is folks, my ignorance shines through. Anybody know what Noel Coward talks like?
Kari

> Ah, yes, that particular pattern of Roddy's speech! Actually the
> thing I noticed most (and, as a result of trying to immitate it
> still do this sometimes), is that he does this stuttering... thing
> between sentences, or when emphasizing a point... (<~~~~person who
> is bad at explaining this). If you know what I'm talking about, I'm
> pretty sure you know it's a cute habit.

Subject: December In Style Magazine

If anybody can get a copy of December's In Style Magazine, there is a wonderful picture of Roddy, dressed as Scrooge, for his (I think) 1997 Christmas card. There's no article or anything, just the picture, but it's really a great shot.

Janice

For those of you looking for a mention of Roddy in a Bug's Life related article, try

www.pathfinder.com/people/sp/bugs/index.html

Roddy rates an entire paragraph :)

Cheryl

I agree with the two of you Roddy should have been mentioned. He's one of the 1st bugs to speak in the film and they also did not give him a memorandum either. A little acknowledgement would of been nice too! But the film was great. I loved the entire movie myself. Glad he was a part of a big hit after his death.

Pati

> Ah, yes, that particular pattern of Roddy's speech! Actually the
> thing I noticed most (and, as a result of trying to immitate it
> still do this sometimes), is that he does this stuttering... thing
> between sentences, or when emphasizing a point... (<~~~~person who
> is bad at explaining this). If you know what I'm talking about, I'm
> pretty sure you know it's a cute habit.

         I've never noticed that, but when the opportunity to watch (and listen) to old interviews come along I will listen for it...Benita

Julia Louis Dreyfuss(Elaine on Seinfeld) is Atta, David Hyde Pierce (Niles on Frasier)is the Walking Stick, Kevin Spacey is Hopper, and Phillis Diller is the old queen. Kari

> Was "Bug's Life" Roddy's last movie? They do the voice overs on
> animated features BEFORE most of the animation so that the picture
> matches the voice better. And animation usually takes a year or
> two. He must have worked on other projects after this one. Now
> that you mention it though, I have no idea who else did voices in
> that movie, except for the guy from News Radio. I haven't seen
> any interviews or stories mentioning other artists.
>
> Jeanne

> Yes, they could have mentioned his name a lot more. I think it
> would have been nice for Disney to dedicate the movie to him, a
> little "In Memory" thing at the end, or something. Especially
> since he was in so many of their movies, That Darn Cat, Bedknobs
> and Broomsticks, etc. I was at least hoping for an outtake of his
> character during the credits. But, oh well. I'm just happy that
> the movie's doing so well. And the theatre I saw it at didn't have
> slides, so you're lucky, Benita. I would have enjoyed it a whole
> lot more if everyone there knew that was Roddy's last role (besides
> me, and every person within earshot around me :)
> Kari

Kari, I too expected some sort of dedication or in memory of notation from Disney. He made enough films with them.......Benita

> I can't make this link or URL work. Any suggestions?
>
> Joni

         Joni, me either...Benita

There was also a movie with the word "sex" in the title, (I'm sure that says something about my psyche when that's the only word I remember :), that he was supposed to be filming this year. I don't think they actually got started though. Its on the IMDB, I think.
Kari

> > Was "Bug's Life" Roddy's last movie?
>
> ... I guess "A Bug's Life" would qualify as his last feature film.
> Or maybe not. I think there are two more unreleased films -- "The
> Truth About Lying" (with Samantha Eggar and John Ritter) and
> "Something to Believe In" (with Fiona Hutchinson?).

Subject: RM tribute in 71st Oscar?

Thought I'd pass this on, but considering the name of the website, make that a big "maybe" (and an even bigger "I WISH"). Keep in mind that this item came out before AMPAS scheduled then cancelled the RM memorial.

--Mel

http://metaverse.com/vibe/sleaze/sleaze.10-05-98.html
CyberSleaze for Monday the 5th of October, 1998
edited by: Jill "The Diva" Stempel

THE ACADEMY OF MOTION PICTURE ARTS AND SCIENCES is reportedly already planning an elaborate tribute to [Roddy] McDowall, who was an extremely active member, at this year's Oscar ceremonies.

This is the article from Playbill.

--Mel

==================================

Film Star & Tony Winner Roddy McDowall Dead At Age 70
05-OCT-98

Tony Award-winning actor Roddy McDowall, whose career included family films, science fiction pictures, Broadway musicals and senior stage roles, died Oct. 3 in Los Angeles. The cause was cancer. He was 70.

British-born on Sept. 17, 1928, McDowall was known for his childhood roles in such films as "Lassie, Come Home," "My Friend Flicka" and "How Green Was My Valley."

Theatre buffs remember his tart musical performance singing "The Seven Deadly Virtues" in Camelot in 1960. He played Mordred, King Arthur's evil son, opposite Richard Burton. The performance is preserved on the show's original cast album.

He made his Broadway debut in 1953 in Misalliance. In 1960, he won a best supporting actor Tony Award for playing Tarquin Edward Mendigales in Jean Anouilh's Time's Fool (also called The Fighting Cock ).

In August, a 30th-anniversary cable re-broadcast of "Planet of the Apes" (1968), in which he played the evolved chimp, Cornelius, introduced him to a new generation. An "Apes" retrospective special on American Movie Classics, with McDowall as host, was his last major TV appearance.

In 1995, McDowall played the inspector in a national tour of Frederick Knott's Dial M for Murder with Nancy Allen and John James. It was Allen's first major stage role, and critics breathed a sigh of relief when the classy McDowall came on stage. His elegance and style drew some of the tour's best reviews.

Nancy King, assistant to the tour's Detroit-based producer, Alan Lichtenstein, often called McDowall at home during preparation of the tour. "He was such a gracious man," King told Playbill On-Line Oct. 5. "He was such a gentleman, so accommodating...not a 'star' and not a feeling of 'attitude.' It was a thrill to (eventually) meet him when the show came to Detroit."

McDowall's family fled a German-bombarded London in 1940 and settled in Los Angeles, where his innocent, waif-like looks earned him contracts at Twentieth Century Fox and MGM. He appeared as Malcolm in Orson Welles' film version of Macbeth in 1948.

Among his other films are "The Poseidon Adventure," "Bedknobs and Broomsticks," "Cleopatra," "The Greatest Story Ever Told" and "The Longest Day." He won an Emmy Award for best supporting actor for NBC's "Not Without Honor."

McDowall, who was also a celebrated, published photographer, was diagnosed with cancer in April. He was never married. He is survived by a sister, Virginia McDowall, of Los Angeles.

In recent years, McDowall appeared in six productions of California Artists Radio Theatre, whose artistic director Peggy Webber called him "one of my most favorite people. His sensitivity and fairness, his honorable behavior and his dedication to his work will always be the hallmark of his beautiful spirit."

-- By Kenneth Jones and Will Manus

> There was also a movie with the word "sex" in the title, (I'm sure
> that says something about my psyche when that's the only word I
> remember :), that he was supposed to be filming this year. I
> don't think they actually got started though. Its on the IMDB, I
> think.
> Kari

"A Great Sex", with Robert Forster and Fairuza Balk. It was supposed to start filming in June 1998. I asked about it in Fairuza's bulletin board -- she replied that filming hasn't even started and she regretted missing the opportunity to work with Roddy. She said the film's producer or director knew Roddy personally and called Roddy an angel on this earth.

--Mel

Subject: another voice over

I found another cartoon which features Roddy as a main character. Anyone see the Cricket in the Hearth? I just found out they carried it this morning at my neighborhood Blockbuster. Its the 1967 version, with Roddy as the Cricket, and Danny and Marlo Thomas as the other voices. He also sings in this one (very well, I might add.) The animation is pretty simple, but its a cute Christmas show! Roddy affects a kinda cockney accent, reminding me of Liza Doolittle's in My Fair Lady. What's really neat, though, is at the end the narrator (they do it sort of like the Disney channel, where Walt would come out and talk before the cartoon. I have no idea who this guy is, though) acknowledges the stars that do the voices, and they show a picture of each of them.
Kari

Subject: Noel Coward

Kari,

I think that it was you who asked about Noel Coward. He was an English actor, song writer, and playwrite who was known for his witty, sophisticated comedies. (Just the sort of things that you would imagine Roddy having an appreciation for). He was most active in the 20s and 30s. Blithe Spirit is one of his best plays. Its about a man who is embarking on his second marriage whose first wife (who happens to be a ghost) isn't quite ready to let go of him. I think it was made into a movie at some point with Rex Harrison and you might be able to rent it if you would like to get a feel for Noel. I caught it on stage at the Shaw Festival one summer and it was well worth the time.

Cheryl :)

Joni,

Try going directly to Playbill online at www.playbill.com. From there you can look up information on any article they may have published. Believe it or not, that was the only one I found on Roddy! I was flabbergasted!

Christina Paige

Subject: Re: eevil.... EEEEEvvilll...

> Okey, dokey. Any of you out there interested in a copy of Evil
> Under the Sun? (The Agatha Christie murder mystery one, with Roddy
> as the > gossip columnist) Due to circumstances out of my control,
> I ended up with two copies.
> Kari

Oh yes please...I have been looking for this movie for awhile. Let me know if I can and what you would like we could trade if I have something you would like. Please let me know.

Teresa
christophe@uswest.com

You must either be very young, or you do not have a theatre background.
Kyoko

> ... Hey, in that article in Vanity Fair,
> Dunne mentions something about Roddy answering the phone with the
> camp Noel Coward voice that he sometimes affected. I have no idea
> who Noel Coward is folks, my ignorance shines through. Anybody
> know what Noel Coward talks like?
> Kari

Benita, is right! I think it is a disgrace of Disney not to mention something about Roddy's death at the end of the move A Bug's Life. Is there an address to contact someone at Disney about this injustice?

Also did I here correct they might be mentioning something about Roddy (maybe even a tribute at the 71st Oscars?) They will atleast mention about the RM Photo Archives.

Barb

> Okey, dokey. Any of you out there interested in a copy of Evil
> Under the Sun?
> Kari

Kari, if I am not too late, I'll trade you a copy of "SHOCK TREATMENT" for "EVIL UNDER THE SUN" but I still won't have time to make it until after the holidays...but I do want it. Benita bec87@bellsouth.net let me know.

Subject: Re: RM tribute in 71st Oscar?

Oo. I hope so. They damn well better give him more than a brief mention during the awards, after all the work he put into the business. I'll just scream. When do they air the awards, anyway? I ask this every year, and never remember.
Kari

Kari,
         If you don't get any takers for Evil Under The Sun I'll buy it from you. --Lorraine

> Okey, dokey. Any of you out there interested in a copy of Evil
> Under the Sun?
> Kari

> Okey, dokey. Any of you out there interested in a copy of Evil
> Under the Sun?
> Kari

Oh yes please...I have been looking for this movie for awhile. Let me know if I can and what you would like we could trade if I have something you would like. Please let me know. Teresa christophe@uswest.com

Subject: The Lovely everything.

First of all I'd like to say that true heaven is Roddy's books on tape. So far I've only been able to locate 1, and it's aprox. 6 hours of Roddy reading Sidny Sheldon's "The Stars Shine Down". Yes he does voices. It is MARVELOUS!!! Looking for more, but you know how difficult it is when you have to look through the WHOLD books-on-tape section because you can't search for them by who read them... HOWEVER, There IS a list of EVERYTHING Roddy has ever done on this website (how current it is I do not know. I also can't remember exactly WHERE it is... but this is the best Roddy site out there) Is it just me or have most of you probably been there...? Sorry, I've just been doing a history project for the last 8 hours and my brain is drained.

Welcome to A Tribute to Roddy McDowall

www.smithway.org/rm/roddy.html

Monica

Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: McDowall death

Yes, go to your public library. They have books, periodicals by date and by name. Simply go through them by using Roddy's name and you'll find any article that was written about him listed. The books are in order by year and date. They go back 10 to 15years. They are called literary cronicles and you can find them in the reference section. Most main librarys keep magazines by year in stock. Just ask the librarian and she can help you find it.

Pati

If my memory as a teen ager, which is becoming an alarmingly long time ago, serves me correctly, Roddy did that cute, mock-indignation stammer thing several times in the file Scavenger Hunt. I got to see it on cable tv several times, back in the early eighties.

Noel Coward? A playwrite who died in the early seventies. I belive he was known for being somewhat flamboyant and effeminate.

-Kathy, St. Paul, MN

Subject: Re: Bullwhip Griffin

> I'll just get all the extra copies I can at the next sale, and
> I'll > let you guys know then. Kyoko, you're first on the
> list.Anyone else?
> Tam

I'd like one, too.

Lynne Ackerman

Subject: Re: I'm ba-a-a-ck!

Hi Mel and gang, not that anyone really missed me, I'm still one of the new kids on the block, but I am still alive and well.

I got the last message out just before my machine blanked out. But I did miss you guys though. Trying to catch up on emails.

Someone asked in one of the emails what we are doing to remember Roddy. Well I am in the process of writing and compiling a photo and info book on all the odds and ends I have on Roddy. It is not a commercial venture, but a personal tribute to a person who was not just a GREAT actor and man, but a SUPER human being. If the eyes are a window to the soul, then Roddy's must have been wonderful. The more I read and know about Roddy the more I respect and admire about this unique and special man.

I am crying right now just thinking about RODDY and how he touched everyones live in a positive way who ever know him or had contact with him. I think someone mentioned he was an ANGEL on Earth! I agree.

P.S. Mel I hope they do a good tribute on the 71st Oscars on RODDY. At least mention him.

Barb

Subject: Re: Stuttering

When you say stuttering, are you talking about how he often puts that little "yeh" thing at the beginning of sentences? He even does that in The Grass Harp.It's kind of funny because it's the same Roddy voice and speech pattern("Yeh..."), only with that Southern accent.
Tam

Subject: Re: another voice over

Kari, you make me feel soooo old! That's Danny Thomas in Cricket on the Hearth. You know,Danny Thomas? Marlo Thomas's dad? She's married to Phil Donahue? You know Phil Donahue.....
Tam

Subject: Re: RM tv guide Nov 27-Dec 31 12/9/98

> Hey, Morgan! Was "Name of the Game" actually shown? Were you able
> to tape it? Can I get a copy of this and Combat? Thanks!
>
> --Mel

Sorry for the delay, I've been sick. Well, actually I've always been sick ;) but I was also ill for a while.

The answer is yes. But I have I question/problem.

One of the things I do to earn money is make tapes for people, usually getting $15 per tape (including s&h). But with you guys I don't know whether I should keep the price; knock down the price; just ask for the cost; or just eat the cost. Any opinions will be appreciated. I'll go with whatever you guys think is fair.

-- Morgan

> Benita, is right! I think it is a disgrace of Disney not to mention
> something about Roddy's death at the end of the move A Bug's Life.
> Is there an address to contact someone at Disney about this
> injustice?
>
> Barb

The official website is at http://www.disney.com/DisneyPictures/bugslife/

It has a webpage called Meet the voices behind the characters of "A Bug's Life.", with pictures of the voice actors. Everybody's there BUT NOT RODDY.

You can send feedback to Disney via the webpage http://www.disney.com/Mail/DisneyPictures/

--Mel

> > Hey, Morgan! Was "Name of the Game" actually shown? Were you able
> > to tape it? Can I get a copy of this and Combat? Thanks!
> >
> > --Mel
>
> Sorry for the delay, I've been sick. Well, actually I've always been
> sick ;) but I was also ill for a while.

Always delighted to meet an honest person. ;-)

> The answer is yes. But I have I question/problem.
>
> One of the things I do to earn money is make tapes for people,
> usually getting $15 per tape (including s&h). But with you guys I
> don't know whether I should keep the price; knock down the price;
> just ask for the cost; or just eat the cost. Any opinions will be
> appreciated. I'll go with whatever you guys think is fair.
>
> -- Morgan

Did I mention I just had my birthday last December 6? ;) What would eating the cost involve? ;D

Seriously, it's alright if you charge me your usual rate. What other programs with Roddy on it do you have?

--Mel

I talked to a friend of mine at Disney to see if I could find out why Roddy wasn't mentioned at the end.

Here's the deal (this is NOT an official Disney statement, but an educated guess by someone who would know): Roddy simply died too close to the opening of the movie. The editing process was finished months ago and the movie had already been copied and was either at or on it's way to the theaters. The cost of recalling all the prints, re-editing the end and re-copy it would have been astronomical - as well as time consuming. They never could have delivered in time for the promised opening. Look for something at the end of the Home Video version when it's available. Chances are good that there will be something on that.

Hope that makes you feel a little better. I really don't think he was intentionally slighted. :D

Jeanne

Subject: InStyle

I found a copy of InSyle, thanks to whoever it was that mentioned it! His card front was too funny. He looked like he had fun with the Scrooge role.
Kari

Subject: (no subject)

Mel, Thanks for all of the new info---as always it's appreciated. By the way, was it you who said your birthday was 6 December?

Christina-Paige, Thanks for the playbill write up.

I vaguely(sp?) remember a PEOPLE magazine with Carol Burnett on the cover. The article was about an auction or something at her house. This was in the mid to late 1970's. I saw it at my orthodintist's office. Anyway, there was a picture of Mr. M. lounging on a couch in C.B.'s home. I don't know if this is the same one, but---

Take care, Paige-Marie

Oh, Benita, I do have great friends and I'm very grateful.

Subject: Life Magazine Article

Just received the new issue of Life Magazine in the mail - it is their year in review issue (January 1999) There is a wonderful picture of a very young Roddy (as a young man, not as a boy) on page 105 in the section "Life Remembers", which is a pictorial of all the famous who have passed away this year. He is pictured either singing or earnestly reading from a script - perhaps for a radio program? The caption refers to his "eccentric manner" being the source of his appeal to his fans. I wished they had also made reference to his numerous photo contributions over the years to their publication. Anyway, finally a contribution on my part to the group because I never find anything on my own!
Janell

Depends on what you call young, and nope! :) Kari

> You must either be very young, or you do not have a theatre
> background.
> Kyoko
>
> > ... Hey, in that article in Vanity Fair,
> > Dunne mentions something about Roddy answering the phone with the
> > camp Noel Coward voice that he sometimes affected. I have no idea
> > who Noel Coward is folks, my ignorance shines through. Anybody
> > know what Noel Coward talks like?
> > Kari

Ah! Thanks for explaining, Kathy. For those of you interested in Evil Under the Sun, I think you'll get a demonstration. He's hilariously bitchy in it, and gets into several cat fights with the actresses. Kari

> If my memory as a teen ager, which is becoming an alarmingly long time
> ago, serves me correctly, Roddy did that cute, mock-indignation stammer
> thing several times in the file Scavenger Hunt. I got to see it on cable
> tv several times, back in the early eighties.
>
> Noel Coward? A playwrite who died in the early seventies. I belive he
> was known for being somewhat flamboyant and effeminate.
>
> -Kathy, St. Paul, MN

Subject: Re: Fantasy Island

I have a copy of the Fantasy Island episode entitled The Devil and Mandy Breem. It's not the best copy and I have no idea at the moment where it is, but I can find it.

-- Morgan

> Does anybody out there have a copy of Shock Treatment and the
> ability to copy it? Or know where we could find it? I'd love to see
> it. Or for that matter, any of the old Fantasy island episodes with ...

How much was Roddy in Name of the Game and that Combat episode? Is he a featured guest star, or just one of a bunch?
Tam

Subject: The Truth About Lying

"The Truth About Lying" is apparently an AKA for "Loss of Faith". The only news item I could find was in French, which I don't speak, but I did manage to locate a webpage for director Allan Goldstein (http://www.directorsnet.com/goldstein/index.html), who has this info listed under Movies for Television:
LOSS OF FAITH
John Ritter, Daphne Zunika, Roddy McDowell & Samatha Eggar
World International Network, 1997
Director
Lucky John, only his name escaped mangling. Anyway, the film is also in the IMDB, but has only Ritter in the cast info.

--Mel

http://www.newswire.ca/releases/July1997/31/c5125.html
A l'attention des rédacteurs financiers:

GROUPE COSCIENT INC. - JOHN RITTER, MICHELE SCARABELLI, DAPHNE ZUNIGA, RODDY McDOWALL ET SAMANTHA EGGAR SERONT LES VEDETTES DE "LOSS OF FAITH" DE SDA PRODUCTIONS

MONTREAL, le 31 juil. /CNW/ - SDA Productions, une societé du Groupe Coscient, a débuté la production de "Loss of Faith" (titre provisoire). Ce film d'action met en vedette John Ritter (SLING BLADE, HEARTS AFIRE), Michele Scarabelli (DEADBOLT, COVER GIRL), Daphne Zuniga (THE FLY II, MELROSE PLACE), Roddy McDowall (FRIGHT NIGHT, PLANET OF THE APES) et Samantha Eggar (THE PHANTOM, THE COLLECTORS - mis en nomination pour un Oscar). Le film sera diffusé au Canada sur les ondes de WIC (Allarcom Pay Television Ltd.), TMN - The Movie Network, Super Ecran et Télévision Quatre Saisons; WIN en assurera la distribution à l'étranger.

"Loss of Faith" est le premier film de langue anglaise entrepris par SDA Productions, chef de file au Canada de la production de films et de séries télévisées de langue française, dont "Omertà", lauréate de plusieurs prix. "Loss of Faith" sera réalisé par Allan A. Goldstein (THE OUTSIDE CHANCE OF MAXIMILIAN GLICK, TRUE WEST - mis en nomination pour un Emmy), d'après un scénario de Donald Martin. La production sera assurée par Danièle Suissa, l'une des productrices de film les plus prolifiques au Canada. Elle agira aussi à titre de productrice exécutive, en collaboration avec André Picard, président de SDA Productions.

Le film raconte l'histoire de Simon Barker (Ritter), écrivain professionnel transformé en fournisseur de romans à sensations. Lorsqu'un enfant est kidnappé et que Barker s'y retrouve mêlé, sa première réaction est de reculer. Il est malgré lui entraîné dans un dédale parsemé de meurtres et de supercheries; il remettra donc en question ses choix et sa vie.

André Picard soulignait que la production de "Loss of Faith", en parallèle avec celle de la série télévisée "Popular Mechanics for Kids" présentement en tournage, marque l'entrée de SDA sur le marché international de la production de langue anglaise. "La prolifération des marchés de la télévision et des nouveaux médias à travers le monde a créé une demande sans cesse croissante de programmes en tous genres et nous sommes déterminés à devenir un joueur important dans ce secteur", a-t-il affirmé.

L'équipe de "Loss of Faith" se compose également de Barry Gravelle, directeur de la photographie, André Chamberland, directeur artistique, et Nicoletta Massone, conceptrice de costumes (gagnante d'un Emmy pour ZELDA).

Plus important producteur indépendant au Québec et troisième au Canada, Le Groupe Coscient est également le premier distributeur canadien de programmation télévisuelle. La Société est également le producteur canadien le plus diversifié au chapitre de la programmation, laquelle comprend des longs métrages, des téléfilms, des séries dramatiques, des séries d'animation, des émissions jeunesse, des jeux, des émissions de variétés et des produits multimédias. Le Groupe comprend les sociétés suivantes : Les F ilms Allegro inc., SDA Productions inc., Productions Coscient inc., Cactus Animation inc., Coscient Astral Distribution, Coscient Marketing inc., Coscient Multimédia inc., Le Studio du Centre-Ville inc. et Multimontage inc. Les actions de catégorie A et de catégorie B de la Société sont inscrites à la Bourse de Montréal et à la Bourse de Vancouver sous les symboles CST.A et CST.B.

Renseignements: Marie-Christine Dufour, Vice-présidente Communications et Attaires publiques, Le Groupe Coscient, (514) 284-2525

Mel,

         I don't know where you find all these wonderful articals but I really like these kind. It brings Roddy's personality to light. I especially like the part about how his good name is completely without blemish. Media try to tear celebrities down because it sells papers but they could never find bad things about our guy. Roddy's the *Billy Graham* of Hollywood.
Lorraine

> When you say stuttering, are you talking about how he often puts
> that little "yeh" thing at the beginning of sentences? He even does
> that in The Grass Harp.It's kind of funny because it's the same
> Roddy voice and speech pattern("Yeh..."), only with that Southern
> accent. Tam

My reaction to hearing what Hollywood thinks Southerners (being from and in the South) sound like range from amusement to indignation, depending on how badly the accent is done, and who is doing it. Considering he had to do it over the top of his own English accent, not a bad job. Suited the character. Truman Capote wrote wonderfully colorfull stories about the South and his life growing up here, I highly reccommend reading not only THE GRASS HARP but some of his other works. Benita

Subject: Re: The Lovely everything.

I've got a copy of the Tim Burton movie Batman, read by Roddy, if you're interested in a copy, Monica. It's only a single tape, but he does a good job! Good laugh for the Joker, too.
Kari

> ... I'd like to say that true heaven is Roddy's books on tape.
> Monica

Um, perhaps... It's really very difficult to explain... I think you might be thinking the right thing, though. By the way, I haven't seen the Grass Harp yet. How is Roddy and what does he play??

Monica

I tried that once a while ago, and they sent me an form info mail thingy that told me all about the Bug's Life, and looked like it was created for kids, but never refered to my question. Dumb Disney. Kari

> You can send feedback to Disney via the webpage
> http://www.disney.com/Mail/DisneyPictures/

> Oo. I hope so. They damn well better give him more than a brief
> mention during the awards, after all the work he put into the
> business. I'll just scream. When do they air the awards, anyway?
> I ask this every year, and never remember. Kari

Kari, I think early March Benita

> First of all I'd like to say that true heaven is Roddy's books on
> tape. So far I've only been able to locate 1, and it's aprox. 6
> hours of Roddy reading Sidny Sheldon's "The Stars Shine Down". Yes
> he does voices. It is MARVELOUS!!! Looking for more, but you know
> how difficult it is when you have to look through the WHOLD
> books-on-tape section because you can't search for them by who
> read them...
> Monica

Monica, not knowing how you public library's system is set up. this may be of no use;but the one here is on computer and allows you to search by author, subject or title. If you have a similar system, try searching under "author". I did and found not only the books on tape they have, but the films of his they have on tape, as well as a couple of books where he heavily contributed, such as the one by Dick Moore. "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (but don't have sex or drive the car)". Try it and see......Benita

I just got my new issue of Premire Magazine in the mail yesterday and they have a short obit mentionin Roddy plus an adorable photo of him as a child. Its on page 59 so scoop it out at the magazine racks. Its the Jan 1999 with Vince Vaughn on the cover.

Pati

Subject: Re: don't miss it

Benita,

         We'll look for the spot hoping that Roddy is a part of it! Unfortunately I'm losing faith in Hollywood giving Roddy his just praise because he has been so groasely overlooked already. "Bugs Life", "People Magazine" etc. I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up because logic has not played a part in his credits up to now.
         Take for example the people who did not love Roddy as we do .... just knowing a man has dedicated SIX DECADES OF CONTINUAL WORK IN THE INDUSTRY GRANTS HIM THE RIGHT TO BE RECOGNIZED!!!!!!!
         Sorry, didn't mean to yell. I'm just feeling like a wet blanket because the obvious is ignored. Lorraine

Doh! That was a dumb question, huh! Well, what I will do is make copies all over the place. I work at a video store, so I can get another VCR whenever. Those of you interested, send me your names and addresses to me directly at prinkj00@uleth.ca, and I'll see what I can do! :) Due to lack of space, I stupidly deleted my E-mails from the other day, but I believe Teresa mailed me Tuesday for the original I had (I mailed you back, Teresa, but my mail got stuck somewhere between my computer and yours. Actually, I think everything I mailed yesterday disappeared, and I don't remember what I said. It was late. I think I replied to Benita too. Yes I'm interested in Shock Treatment!! Would you settle for a copy of Evil? Or you can track down Teresa and mug her for the original. ;) Anyway, send over your info., guys. I've never sent anything beyond letters anywhere, so I'm not sure what it'll cost me (I'm in Canada remember, land of the coin with a loonie on it), but I am certainly interested in trades! Let me know what you've got! I'd like to get a copy of It!, or any of his more obscure movies from the sixties on back. Or cute pics, or heck, anything I don't already have. Kari

> > Okey, dokey. Any of you out there interested in a copy of Evil
> > Under the Sun?
> > Kari
>
> Oh yes please...I have been looking for this movie for awhile. Let
> me know if I can and what you would like we could trade if I have
> something you would like. Please let me know.
> Teresa
> christophe@uswest.com

Oh, well that makes sense, I guess, since they do the voices of a father and daughter. How will I ever learn from your wisdom, people, if I don't ask! ;) I thought they looked familiar... Kari

> Kari, you make me feel soooo old! That's Danny Thomas in Cricket
> on the Hearth. You know,Danny Thomas? Marlo Thomas's dad? She's
> married to Phil Donahue? You know Phil Donahue.....
> Tam

> Look for something [about RM] at the end of the Home Video version
> when it's available. Chances are good that there will be
> something on that.
>
> Hope that makes you feel a little better. I really don't think he
> was intentionally slighted. :D
>
> Jeanne

Thanks for the info, Jeanne. I was planning to get the home video in any case. I wasn't too surprised actually that there was no mention of him in the film, for the reason your contact theorized. But I do wish their official website would at least mention his name, though when I looked at it more closely, Roddy was not the only one slighted in the website.

Oh, I hope that they do reprint the Double Exposure books (and not price them out of our reach).

--Mel

next

RM Tribute: Frames | RM Tribute: No Frames | Contact Us | Musgrave Foundation